TBS Discovery & Naza // Vibrations, tweaks, gains and questions

kloner

Aerial DP
was goofing around today in the yard, one has the 600 had II i linked, other has that pixim, the pixim is really nice. fast, clear, primo. down to like $84 shipped now...

the core is really nice, what video gear are you interested in getting/have? video transmitter wise

Jessestr

I bought the new TBS CHiPCHiP haha. Cheap camera with 490TVL but great performance ~Raphael told me so. $40 enough to learn FPV'ing :)

I'm using a 5.8Ghz immersionRc 600mW module vTx and the vRx is the 5.8Ghz module for my Dominators.. I don't know if the vRx module is bad to use.. Some said I should get an UNO
Also making my own clover & skew planar @ Ch4 ~5800Mhz

Last edited by a moderator:

meme

Was reading that, how was the resuts on the end?
@ kloner, it is better when the rubber band has a tight fit?

cheers,

meme

kloner

Aerial DP
same with ear plugs, as loosely on there without squishing them. Take and stretch the thinnest rubber band you can find into length

kloner

Aerial DP
realizing we both have the pad you say doesn't work, working...... that zeal didn't work on mine. i've had really good luck hanging gopros from it, but setting it on it never fixed my jello. what does is the ear plugs, full size on there sides, 2 bottom, 2 top and the thinnest lightest rubber band. mine can be tuned, blown out of tune, still records pretty decent

you want to count on cleam mechanics, but sometimes having the flexibility saves a weekend.....

Last edited by a moderator:

02deuce

Time Warped
I didn't say it worked lol, I said it didn't work any better than the high dollar anti vibration pad. I believe that the best solution is to find the source and isolate it. I had a vibration problem and swapped out the zeal for the high dollar pads, with no noticeable improvement. My two cents.

Boltzman

Hi Kloner!

What Naza gain settings are you using for your Suppo motor?
I have just installed Tiger Motor 2814/8 1000kv motors?

Thanks!

BR

Boltzman

I've ran the suppo 2814 1000kv on 4s with 9x5 graupner props. it'll carry 6000mah of 4s and fly for 12-15 minutes depending how fast you go. on the rig above, it carries the suppo 2810 1000kv running on 4s with 8x5 graupners. That's whats in the two vids above, 2814 is the river, 2810 is the train tracks

yea, the ear plugs paint right up nice, i use it on my zII and it's the bomb. the mats not bad if you can split it with somebody, but honestly they both do the same thing, fix the final jello from whatever you end up tuning at

2212 is kinda on the small side, the 2810 are just enough and the 2814 are like flying around in a jet versus cesna. only problem is there super sensitive to altitude and that throttle, the smaller motors make it all smoother but sometimes don't have the oomph to get over stuff and stay flying forward.

i love the suppos for what they are. i use em as throwaways, crash it and tweak a prop, i'm most likely going home and swapping out the motor, prop adapter and prop just to keep it recording like that

kloner

Aerial DP
usually start with 130 on the top row, 80 across the bottom row

i didn't know tiger had such a beast, report back with how it goes....

Boltzman

Thanks.

i have now dialed in 120-120-140-140-120-120.
i had these setting with the extension arms and the Pulso 2820/14 860 kv.
Did you remeber what exactly you had with the Suppo 2814/8 1000 kv motors?

I have now no extension arms installed with the 2814/8 motors. I have 10x5 Graupner propps, what difference did you see between the 9x5?

Also, have you found any solution for stiffer arms? Cannot find any mass produced aluminium arms.
Last time I put 13x6.5 props the DJI arm went off while hovering only...
Gonna be exiting to try it out tomorrow.

usually start with 130 on the top row, 80 across the bottom row

i didn't know tiger had such a beast, report back with how it goes....

kloner

Aerial DP
the one i was flying today was what i said and was decent except for having 9" props... 8" are more in range for a smooth fastest forward flight. they load just right and resist wind like no other size. 10" is massive, i could get it to draw 70-80 amps easily, usually they get a speed wobble even with 9's if you hold the cyclic full forward forever.

even just hovering, you should see some small wobble that's not gain tunable, only fix is the right props.

Boltzman

Kloner, I can only say WOW!!! This is the coolest thing I have flied.
Your gain settings worked perfectly!

What rush to put full speed ahead in manual mode, incredible!

I got 10 min flying with the Tiger Motors 2814/8 1000 kV, 10x5 props, 5000 mAh 4S battery and an additional 850 grams payload to simulate my front mount NEX-5 brushless gimbal. There is still plenty of power to lift even further and do amazing accelerations in the sky, this rig works much better than the one I have with 2820/14 860 kv motors and extension arms, it's like solid rock in the sky, completely unaffected of the wind. With 2820/14 motors i only got 8 min flight time, I propobly lost 300 - 350 grams by reducing to 2814 motors and removing the extension arms.

Without any load I can do ~13 min on 4500 mAh.

Kloner, do you know any settings to have the power of manual mode in atti mode with Naza. I need these quick accelerations for quick camera platform rise without risking the whole rig?

Thanks!

BR

Boltzman

the one i was flying today was what i said and was decent except for having 9" props... 8" are more in range for a smooth fastest forward flight. they load just right and resist wind like no other size. 10" is massive, i could get it to draw 70-80 amps easily, usually they get a speed wobble even with 9's if you hold the cyclic full forward forever.

even just hovering, you should see some small wobble that's not gain tunable, only fix is the right props.