TBS Discovery & Naza // Vibrations, tweaks, gains and questions

kloner

Aerial DP
zeph 2 runs 2 of the 3000 4s in parallel, flies 30-40 minutes

running one of the 4000 4s in the back of my disco

used to run 2 of the 3000 4s on my kloners fpv450 but just sold it

The 5000 packs used to fly on it too, but now there dead weight, nothing i have anymore carries them. over the last few weeks i sold off 14 packs from 6s 5000, 6s 3000 and 2s 5000 so bought up more of what i need

Jessestr

Thanks for the info. Might get some 3000 <-> 4000 4S mAh packs with the 2814's. Depending on what they weight and deliver. Should find the golden spot..

Could you do a measure test to measure how much your usage is at full throttle with the 2814 on a 4S with 8" Graupners? (Or what prop size do you use for these?)

kloner

Aerial DP
I've seen 500 watts on atti, 730 max in manual in the 2814 with 4s and 9" props, when i ran 10's it hit 900 watts. according to my calculator that's 56.25 amps

kloner

Aerial DP
yep

I ordered a set of the 2814 1000kv suppos last night for mine. gonna switch back and forth and get some data,,,, see what the difference is on the same bird

Jessestr

Will this do the job?
501fd69632f56-IMG_3088.JPG

kloner

Aerial DP
perfect. Flatten the ear plug, cut the tip off short, try to get em all as even as possible and glue em on like a party. i'd say 6 on the bottom, 2 across the front of the top plate and a wide soft rubber band

Jessestr

Well yeah I don't have a go pro so I should arrange them different for my camera.

Will try the glue first on something else.. Hope it doesn't leave any marks and is easy to detach! Glue them on the frame or a piece of wood ?

kloner

Aerial DP
oh yea, forgot. still use the same theory of dampers under, rubber band over it

Straight to your frame, put a little spot on the frame, little spot on the ear plug, let em both see air for a minute then press together. i went around 10 minutes later and totaly flatten them down and they seem to suck the glue up in em a little.

I can't read the package, but it should be clear contact cement. All of em peel off, that's what that it. Even super glue comes up,,,,, hot glue a little tougher but doable

Jessestr

It's multiusage glue and transparant.

So put glue on both.. wait a minute. Put ear plugs on spots. Wait ten minutes and then press them all to flatten them again?

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what i did.... there still there

let em sit a day and make sure there down. put the cam down after you can touch the glue and it's not sticky. the good part is your pinching them down with a cam and rubber band so all your doing is spacing them out so you can get the cam on em. the glue just makes it so you can remove and put back without screwing with the spacing each time

kloner

Aerial DP
i wouldn't use a hair dryer, leave it in the sun a couple hours, it's a uv thing more than a heat thing

Jessestr

Already did a test.. First video is just a test without the earplugs.. Second is with earplugs. Still no graupners nor I used decent balanced props and motors. Already looks better right? If I get my graupners & balanced motors it should be fine? :)

What do you think? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
alot better, how tight is the rubber band? just one right? loose as can be? you might try a dot of glue on top of each plug and stick the camera down to it, put the band on till it dries then bail the band all together.

you can tell it's not a happy place for a cam to live. Hear that high pitch noise from time to time? that's probably your cause. if you feel all the motors after a flight, is one or two of them hotter than the rest?

Jessestr

Hi

Rubber band is a bit too big. Not really tightened. I crossed them so 1 band presses it down to right and left side.

I can hear the sound yes.. And I don't know about the heat but I know they are warm after flight unlike my Tiger Motors.. What could be the cause?

Jessestr

Aha, I see. Well props are balanced with a paperclip. Enough said.. :D

Ordering my eprops right now.. Thinking of getting my FPV & TBS Core first or motors.. don't know yet!