Tarot Fy680 Pro Build...need advise on motor and propellers

Idahobell

Banned
So I am building a Tarot FY680Pro Hexacopter with Naza-M and Naza 30a ESC. I am looking to purchased the motors and propellers but what size is good for this size hexacopter? I am adding a Tarot T-2D gimbal with Gopro Hero3+ and the battery is a 4S 5000mha 35c. Any suggestions?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Did you ever decide on the motors for this build. I've been looking at the tarot hex frames. Seems like a lot of people are getting really good flight tunes out of the sunnysky 3508 580kv. It's hard to tell if people are using the V series (impossible to find right now) or the X series. They have slightly different specs.

Scott

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Idaho. I'm still debating (internally!) about whether to go with the 690 or the newer 680Pro. Mind if I ask what tipped the scales for you?

I like the 680Pro supposed improvements for the folding mechanism. I absolutely NEED to fold. The motor mounts seem better as well. The integrated PDB I could go either way. The 690 has a bit better plate stacking in the center as far as I can tell. The 680Pro doesn't have that, correct?

Are you in the air yet???

scott

Last edited by a moderator:

Idahobell

Banned
I went with the 680pro because I liked the hanging battery plate. The issue with the 680pro and I am assuming the same for the 690 is that the arms take up a lot of room between the plates so routing wires is difficult. With the 680pro it is a tight squeeze to place the Naza-m in place.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I went with the 680pro because I liked the hanging battery plate. The issue with the 680pro and I am assuming the same for the 690 is that the arms take up a lot of room between the plates so routing wires is difficult. With the 680pro it is a tight squeeze to place the Naza-m in place.

Where are you trying to place the Naza? Between the bottom plate and the top/PDB plate? Is there no small plate that stacks upward from the top plate like the 690?

I agree the hanging battery plate is nice. I think they sell them as an add-on for the 690. Would Venice if it was included.

Appreciate all the info.

Idahobell

Banned
There is a opening in the top plate so the Naza can be placed on the bottom plate but the issue is the hold in opening is not that much larger than the Naza so when the wires are all connected it difficult to get it in place. I am in the process of getting a gimbal. I bought one from cnchelicopter.com but it didn't work and not they are saying they won't replace it. They put all the blame on me but I have done everything correctly. Needless to say I won't be purchasing from them again.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
. Needless to say I won't be purchasing from them again.

Damn! That's where I was going to order from. The frame, not the gimbal. I thought that guy had good reviews. I ordered something from him - but it was just something basic. Can't even remember what it was.

I know a few people who have used the Greenhouse Technologies gimbal for the sony nex. They are pretty light (good for these mid-sized frames) but you have to put the system together with the listed options. Takes a while to figure out how much you're paying!

What type of camera are you looking to mount?

Is there any way to mount an additional small plate above the opening (where your FC goes), or would would I have to drill through the PDB plate? That's a little scary :)

Idahobell

Banned
I would stay clear of cnchelicopter.com. I been going back and forth with him via email to troubleshoot the issue. Every reply from him he would put the blame on my equipment. Then when I asked to exchange it for another type of gimbal he said no. I going to get the xaircraft Shella gimbal.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
So sorry you're having such a hassle with that. It's awful, especially when you're really excited to get a build complete.

Good luck and thanks for all the tips.

Scott

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Any thoughts on whether the top PDB plate could be drilled to accept some standoffs for mounting a cover plate over that center hole?

have you ordered the Stella yet? Seems like a good all-in-one system. I have a RTF cheapie $75 for 2 axis including controller) from Ready To Fly Quads that will be my "training" gimbal. :)