Naza Lite GPS configuration

medicflyer

HI guys.... I am new to the multi rotors. I have flamewheel with the naza lite set up on it. I am trying to figure out the best settings to use. It takes off and flies good. The only thing is when I am making a decent the flamwheel tends to wobble a little. Not like a toilet bowl effect. but more like turbulance. Is this normal or are there settings that I can mess with to be able to fix this?

Tahoe Ed

If you are descending straight down, you are in your own prop wash and the wobble is normal. You can move forward or my favorite do some tight circles.

AirPix

...so I'll need a USB device with the Assistant Software on a laptop/tablet for field configuring. And one could have a gazillion other uses, too. I'll hit Search and see what folks are talking about and if I come up dry, I'll start a thread on 'puters.

--Bill
I did a Search, and Computer Threads are indeed a Quagmire.

So rather than start Yet Another Computer Thread, let me run a couple of question by here: my main use with Quadcopters is running the Assistant Software in the field for configuring the flight controller. Or for programming certain ESCs with the USB port. Or for viewing images/videos taken in the field. Other uses will be a general laptop ti use while traveling.

The laptops I've looked at have enough processor speed, memory and disk size to run most anything. And USB ports and Bluetooth. So I'm thinking that most anything would probably work. I've been looking at HP, Dell, Acer and Toshiba in the $400 price range.

Anything I've overlooked? Anything to avoid?

Thanks,

--Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Windows, but it is hard in this sport. I have a cheap HP netbook with XP. Nothing special but it allows me to do what I need with it. I did not want to pollute my MacBook With Parallels or BootCamp. Just me.

AirPix

Ah, I hadn't looked at the other replies when I posted my 'puter query.

On the CoG issue, I think DJI assumes that the FC will be mounted at (or over) the CoG point. In this case, the CoG is also the "Central Axis of Movment", the point around which the MR pitches, yaws and rolls. With the DJI Flamewheel setup, for example, the FC goes between the top and bottom frame pieces, in the center, which gets it close the that "central point". But other applications use the Naza in another airframe. In my case, it is being used in either a Gaui 330sx or a Gaui 500x-- as suggested by the Gaui assembly instructions, the FC is on the top board and offset from the center, with the radio Receiver being placed on the other side of the offset. I can see, from the FC's standpoint, that the gyroscopes and accelerometers should be placed near that axis of movement since that affects how they react to the pitch, yaw and roll motions of the aircraft. This may be cutting things too finely, I suspect that it could be off by a small distance (an inch or so) with no consequence. Or so my suspicion assumes.

But the GPS puck, OTOH, is another issue-- since it is customarily mounted several inches above and to the side and rear of the"CoG" point, the x, y and z coords of that mounting location need to be input for the config.

Enough of this late-nite esotericia... :)

--Bill