Tarot 680MM Pro Help

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You need more than 16 channels? Or you don't have sbus? What is the FC you have?

This is a bad pic from the early concept phase :)

Chalagi

I will need more than 8 channels because I still have my gimbal to connect. Yes I has the sbus but I also have a second X8R rx laying around that came off of a quad that I no longer have. So might as well make use of it. Yes that's the antenna rig that I was referring to also. And the LHS sells those items that you have right there?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Yep. You can get those plastic bits at LHS. Not sure what they're actually for - but it works. And I've been able to transfer it easy to other rigs.

Using the sbus will give you 8 more outs. 1 less thing to add to your MR and less wires. I've been running the full FC control as well as gimbal, camera trigger etc from the one x8r.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Nope. It has its own port as well, so you don't even lose a channel.

Obviously the FC has to be sbus compatible (can't recall what you're running).

EDIT: Naza, you're all set.

Chalagi

I had to send my Naza M V2 back to AMain hobbies because it was not acting right. So if I get the Naza M back and I still have problems I guess I will buy a set of the x-rotor esc's.

Chalagi

AMain hobbies sent me a new naza. After soldering the pmu to the pdb and re-calibrating the sticks in the software. I reloaded the firmware and drivers and did the basic and advanced calibration on the imu. I also re-calibrated the esc's but esc #1 will not re-calibrate. And when I connect the battery to the hexa after a sequence of lights it starts to blink yellow 2 times. When I go to arm the motors the 2 yellow lights stop and I get 5 to 6 green lights but no motor arming except motor #1. I"m about ready to drop this crap into the trash can.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Damn. I'm so sorry to hear that.

The 2 yellow blinks should mean you're in Atti mode.

Have you tried messing with the end points in the radio to see if it will arm?

Chalagi

Well I have a Taranis and I"m not sure about the end points on this radio. But I do have every thing set to 100% ans I get the 2 yellow lights no madder what mode I switch into.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The yellow lights obviously don't make sense. Sorry I can't help you with that - but the Taranis end points can be set in the GUI under "limits." You will see all your channels currently set to 100 and -100, but some people have had luck setting those lower (say 90 and -90) to test the arming function.

Chalagi

I found the GUI page but it says nothing about the Linits and I also see the number scales across the page. I was looking for the motor test in the naza assistant but could not find it

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I always have a hard time finding the motor test too! I just looked again before I replied to you. Couldn't find it. Can't recall of that's a Mac Assistant problem or not. So annoying! I think I ended up doing it from the iPhone app.

In the Companion gui (I haven't updated to new firmware yet) - limits is about in the middle between "mixes" and "curves." You'll see the MIN & MAX settings in there. Those are what most radios call end points.

Chalagi

AMain hobbies sent me a new naza. After soldering the pmu to the pdb and re-calibrating the sticks in the software. I reloaded the firmware and drivers and did the basic and advanced calibration on the imu. I also re-calibrated the esc's but esc #1 will not re-calibrate. And when I connect the battery to the hexa after a sequence of lights it starts to blink yellow 2 times. When I go to arm the motors the 2 yellow lights stop and I get 5 to 6 green lights but no motor arming except motor #1. I"m about ready to drop this crap into the trash can.

Old Man

It's sounding more and more like an end point issue in the transmitter. It may also be a channel reversing issue. Check in the Assistant to be certain the Tx throttle up relates to throttle up in the Assistant. You may have to alter the lower end point for the ESC's to recognize the stick is at the low lever in milliseconds they need to have it at. You may have to re-calibrate the ESC's again. You could also have a defective ESC...anything's possible with electronic gadgets.

If you have a "ganging" set up you can plug all the ESC's into the gang and calibrate all at the same time. You can make one of those by using a bunch of servo extensions using the female ends and cutting off the female end of a single extension and soldering all of them to the single extension. Or you could be lazy and get the gang plug made by Vulcan UAV at Addictive RC. I've done it both ways and found the $12.00 for the Vulcan unit to be faster and less expensive than hacking up a bunch of servo extensions.

Chalagi

I have lowered the endpoints on the throttle channel (Made no difference) and I have re-calibrated all the esc's and after each calibration I give the esc throttle and they each have a linear start up. When I move the throttle channel in the assistant it moves to the right as I push the stick up and all other stick movements move in the correct direction. After giving power to the hexa the led will flash yellow 2 times no matter what mode I"m in and when I do the "CSC" the led yellow will stop and I get like 5 to6 green flashes.

Chalagi

Well I broke the hexa down to nothing today. And the only thing I found was that I had the #1 motor esc extension plugged onto the motor esc the wrong way. All of the wires had no breaks in the silicone except on one wre right where it solders onto the pdb and that break is no more that a 1/16 of an inch from the solder its self. After putting everything back together I moved the end points back down to -116 low to +116 high and then recalibrated the esc's. Each esc calibrated and spun up in linear throttle. Connected everything back to the naza and did the "CSC" and no motor response.

Last edited by a moderator: