Tarot 650 Build - Parts Are Arriving

talunceford

What I did on my test flight was to take the default settings that the naza software set and increase them by 14% and ran with that for my test flight.

talunceford

Mind you that was without the gimbal. I increased those to 20% once I added the gimbal. It seemed to work pretty well. The thing you need to make sure of, especially on the yaw is to make sure that when you put your craft into a yaw maneuver, that it doesn't drop altitude when you perform the yaw. If it loses altitude, you need to increase your gains until it doesn't. Also, they say that you need to increase your gains until the craft oscillates and then back it down 10%. The easiest way to do this is to assign your remote gains to your s1 and s2 knobs on your Taranis. You can fine tune the craft that way. Once that is done, you can remove the function of the remote gains in your naza software. Its very easy to do.

Tim

talunceford

Probably a good idea. I know mine works real well. I do think that the script might need to be tweaked a tad, not much, but fine tuned to make sure that the heights are accurate and voltage is as correct as it should be. I don't think the voltage is an issue, but some times the altitude reading is a bit odd.

AzViper

Hope this helps others. I had issue in getting the NAZA/GPS to calibrate correctly until I had seen this video. Yet the gentlemen in the video still has it wrong as he is suppose to have the front of the HEX pointing downward in the second part of the calibration.

What the manual does not state is after step 4 in the image below the copter should be place back onto the ground (I started out with the quad pointing north and after the two calibration rotations I sat the quad back onto the ground pointing north) and unplug the power for 10 seconds, then restoring the power and allow the NAZA to go through the LED sequence. The user will see after restoring the power the LED will flash red/green a number of times followed by green/green, followed by a sequence of quick flashing green LED's twice. This signals the user that the GPS is locked on to satellites and ready to fly. Thanks to talunford for confirming this entire sequence. To bad the DJI manual is not complete in stating these sequences.

OU9tOt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: