Tarot 650 Build - Parts Are Arriving

AzViper

My build will begin shortly. I have decided to wait until I have everything on hand to get this build going. I assembled the frame so that I have a better understanding how I want to proceed on the layout.

I did receive 95% of my gear. My quad will be based on the Tarot 650 Ironman frame with updated motor mounts. I did purchase another top and bottom center section of the Tarot so that I have multiply levels to place the ESC's and PDB's on one level, electronics's on another level, and antennas on the third level.

The motors will be KDE, 4014XF-380KV with the KDEXF-UA35 XF UAS ESC's.
5ScW5i.jpg

ci54EV.png

RcboKD.jpg

vbasBL.jpg

UCD9De.jpg

rH3INx.jpg

BPDSaT.jpg

oU6yWQ.jpg

2SEbrG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AzViper

Steve I am in the beautiful state we call Arizona, USA. Home to the largest hole on earth called, Grand Canyon... We have lots of gold in Arizona.

SJBrit

The 4014's run great at 4S - I'm turning 17" T-motors on them and they purr like sleepy kittens. 30+ minutes with 2x 10Ah batteries and all systems blazing (GoPro, gimbal, 1W VTx, EzTelem etc.)

AzViper

The 4014's run great at 4S - I'm turning 17" T-motors on them and they purr like sleepy kittens. 30+ minutes with 2x 10Ah batteries and all systems blazing (GoPro, gimbal, 1W VTx, EzTelem etc.)

That's great flight times. Are you using Multistar batteries? I have yet to pick up a charger and with so many to choose from its tough to weed through the maze of chargers that are available.

I did order the 4014's and ESC'S last night.

AzViper

KDE does not show any technical data for the 4014 at 4s on their website. Do you have any data?

SJBrit

That's great flight times. Are you using Multistar batteries? I have yet to pick up a charger and with so many to choose from its tough to weed through the maze of chargers that are available.

I did order the 4014's and ESC'S last night.

Yes, Multistars. And I use the iCharger 106B+ which works like a champ. It will charge the 10Ah batteries at 1C just fine, and has a host of great features and great reviews. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

SJBrit

KDE does not show any technical data for the 4014 at 4s on their website. Do you have any data?

No - I just trusted eCalc and took a chance that it was right. So far eCalc has been spot on with my setup. I'm not saying that the 4S/17" setup is the most sporty - I have the gains set pretty "loose" since this is my floaty, loiter mode. I run at 6S with 14" props when I want to be a bit more sporty. I'm getting just over 20mins with that setup. I flip back and forth between the modes: I have self-tightening adapters on the props and the FC configurations are saved and take just a few seconds to upload. The gain settings are rather different and of course the voltage warnings have to be set right for different the batteries. But swapping modes takes no more that 3 or 4 minutes with the most fiddly part being unstrapping the batteries.

AzViper

Just so I understand you correctly. You are running two 10Ah batteries for a total of 20Ah.

SJBrit

Just so I understand you correctly. You are running two 10Ah batteries for a total of 20Ah.

Yes, exactly. 2x 10Ah on 4S and 2x 5.2Ah on 6S. Always two in parallel so you have some redundancy in case of a problem. One battery on top at the C of G, the other below and behind to balance the camera and gimbal which is extended forward to miss the rotors.

Attachments

• IMAG0195.jpg
    IMAG0195.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 467

AzViper

Yes, Multistars. And I use the iCharger 106B+ which works like a champ. It will charge the 10Ah batteries at 1C just fine, and has a host of great features and great reviews. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Picked up a brand new iCharger 106B+ here in the USA for $70.00. No tax, no shipping fee's.

SJBrit

Cool. You'll need a 12V power supply for that too - sorry: forgot to mention that part. They are good to have around in any case.

AzViper

So much for getting my parts. Ordered standoffs and a few other items from HobbyKing. Been waiting for a few weeks only to log in and find that my order was never paid by their account. Login to Chase to see both orders were paid by Chase. Was on the phone with HobbyKing and that was like talking to a brick wall. I ended up having to file a claim with Chase and they are investigating as they show the funds were sent to, HEXTRONIK LIMITED...

bensid54

Sounds like standard Hobby King procedure I stopped buying anything of real value from them after it took two months and lots of harassment of HK on my part before I received my bottom of the line Fat Shark goggles. One more thing when it comes to the Naza V2 make sure you ALWAYS turn on your radio before plugging in the power on your quad or the whole package just might fly off into the sunset like mine did. If you do mess up on plugging things in right then start over because the Naza I had did all the right flashing so I thought things were fine that is until it got a mind of it's own. I am staying with the Naza lite because it seems to be more forgiving and if you see my "Y" copter post, the Naza works perfect in that and in a Quad configuration. I also use a Futaba radio, that brand has never let me down because it is quality stuff my first Futaba radio worked fine for twenty years until I gave it to my son who left it in a wet storage area. I used to buy HK batteries too but found the higher end batteries are more dependable and perform consistently and I don't have to wait a month or two to receive them. You may find with the 10C discharge on your batteries even wired in parallel to make 2o may make your quad a little sluggish in it's operation, I have two 25C three cell batteries running in parallel making 50C and for me that seems to work well, I will follow this post because I think this is going to be an interesting read to see how things progress for you. Been in the RC hobby for over thirty years still listen to the experience of others and have done everything from boats to helicopters so I am speaking from experience on my part, love the hobby and will until the day they pack me off in a box.