XAircraft Sudden momentary drop in voltage

kloner

Aerial DP
that was from all that pitch and throttle making the voltage sag.... you had to be drawing some serious amps when it did that, question is what made it do that..... 95% + throttle. all i saw in the radio command was throttle, i'd look at bullets, my guess would be a rosin insulator on the bullet itself, might use a solvent and scotch bright on all them... since was a negative pitch i'd look at the rear motors.... assuming that's the side that dropped,,,, could also be a motor bearing leaving but usually those don't recover very well and show a lot of yaw un authority prior

mediaguru

that was from all that pitch and throttle making the voltage sag.... you had to be drawing some serious amps when it did that, question is what made it do that..... 95% + throttle. all i saw in the radio command was throttle, i'd look at bullets, my guess would be a rosin insulator on the bullet itself, might use a solvent and scotch bright on all them... since was a negative pitch i'd look at the rear motors.... assuming that's the side that dropped,,,, could also be a motor bearing leaving but usually those don't recover very well and show a lot of yaw un authority prior

Interesting point. I was coming down when the bird simply started to drop, almost free fall. A second or so later it seemed to realize it was dropping and it leveled itself by hitting the throttle. I didn't do anything. So the drop in voltage is the RESULT, not the cause.

mediaguru

Here's a video of the drop, at 3 seconds. Since the FC and gimbal still had power do you think perhaps I just went too low on the throttle? Pilot error? I could swear I was not touching the throttle at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
seeing the video and the graph under rc control, you dropped the throttle to 5%.... so yes, that's a pretty high probability.... close one.

mediaguru

seeing the video and the graph under rc control, you dropped the throttle to 5%.... so yes, that's a pretty high probability.... close one.

Seems like a solid diagnosis. Thanks. I must admit I haven't flown this bird for 2-3 weeks (waiting for FPV parts and had it torn apart). A little rusty I suppose.