Turnigy Multistart ESC Setup

oakley81

I'm new to Multicopters and I'm trying to get my ESC (Turnigy Multistar 45A) to power up, I'm using a Lipo 6S 22v battery and connecting it directly to the ESC, then connecting the ESC to the motor and servo wire to my Futaba receiver.

The problem I have is the ESC does not make any sound or beeps and it also does not power up the futaba receiver (I have done this with another external battery). The ESC does not react to the transmitter throttle up, I have it reversed and in slot 3 of the RX (which i believe is the throttle slot).

Any help would be great!

oakley81

It's BEC and i have 3 wires going to the RX, i've tested the ESC for power coming out and there is nothing, it seems the issue is with the ESC not delivering any power?

oakley81

Yes the receiver turns green when connected, does the Turnigy ESC have to have a signal connection from naza unit for it to power up? Or can I connect it directly to power and rx to test manually?

No. It dont need to be conected. But if it sense that is not in the lowest position it will not turn on. Check that your radio ch 3 is not reversed or try with the stick in both positions. Also check if the radio is centered in all the trims.

Ok, if the receiver is turning on and the only cable connected is the servo wire from the esc, the esc is sending voltage to the RX, now you should try connecting the battery when the throttle I up completely and the with down completely. When you check on each position, wait bout 5 seconds each time.