Stock f550 with naza and gps flying away!

olof

Osprey
My guess would be that by setting up the 3 position switch to include RTH caused the problem, by flipping out of RTH into Atti mode on the same switch is not cancel RTH. On my JR 9503 to cancel RTH I have to switch off RTH (seperate switch) then toggle between any two flight modes (manual,atti,GPS) on my three position switch this cancels RTH and returns control back to the operator.

As I mentioned above, it works fine to use a 3 way switch with F/S, ATTI and GPS. Just switch back to either ATTI or GPS and you get control back. At least this works on my two Nanza MRs.

Ttelmah

Yes. The same for me. I have a separate RTH switch, and whatever mode the main switch is in, if you switch 'out' of RTH, it doesn't come back to your control, till you change on the other switch, between atti and manual, or manual and atti. I always switch to manual after triggering RTH, then the regain control command, is switch off the RTH, and switch to atti. Instant control.

Best Wishes

02deuce

Time Warped
As I mentioned above, it works fine to use a 3 way switch with F/S, ATTI and GPS. Just switch back to either ATTI or GPS and you get control back. At least this works on my two Nanza MRs.
If I am understanding you right you have a 3 position switch set up as Atti, GPS and RTH, with no manual mode?
Then when you switch out of RTH into GPS is relinquishes control back to you?

AEA737

I fly always in one area and before the first time i calibrated my gps ad That location. As decript in the manual. Then i hooked it to my laptop and set my endpoint to failsafe. But the rth has worked at that point for 3 of 4 times.

I also have GPS/ATTI/FS in my 3 way switch. I have a note on my cell phone telling me where to set the endpoints to switch from FS to MAN on my radio. If I need to calibrate the compass just change that, calibrate and change the endpoint again to have FS. No need to take the laptop for that. And after take off just check with the LED light that your setup is OK.

Javier

how can this have anything to do with China, and "them"fixing this.
With no info we have no idea what or how this craft was set up.
There is a awful lot of puff and huf in these forums.
We all need not to come to conclusions so fast.
Think about it guys.
play with Dji products or not.
there are some very strange ideas here

photobobga

I had a similar situation happen... not knowing the proper switches to move I quickly turned off the transmitter and back on. Added power and turned the switch that controls manual/ATTI/GPS to GPS... landed the aircraft and thanked the flight gods for a safe return.