Stock f550 with naza and gps flying away!

Oké guys here is the problem !! I Will start at the beginning. I have (had) a f550 with naza and gps and a spectrum 7s ! It is my thirdt quad, i was flying with the f550 and i have checked everything! So i was flying and i hit RTH the quad come back and at 10 meters from the ground the quad makes a weird wobbel! And it starts to drift a way faster and faster! I freakend out! So i Flip the switch back to ATT but no control ! That was the last time i saw my quad !!!! I have searched the internet for what was going wrong but i cant find anything! Maybe a sun spot? Temperture outside was about 5 gr Celsius.

Maybe you guys can help me what it was! I never found my quad !

Gr

Brian from Holland (sorry for the bad english)

Ttelmah

Ouch.
However you _might_ have been able to get back control. The unit will _only_ go back to giving you control once 'fail safe' has been triggered, if it receives 'atti mode' as a command selection or 'manual mode' as a selection. If the selection is left in GPS mode, it won't give you back control. This is why it pauses for a couple of seconds before descending. It is in the manual, but a lot of people 'miss' how important this is!.

As a 'contrary' example, I lost orientation with a copter just on half a mile away, triggered 'RTL', and it put itself down within a yard of it's starting point.
The shoot off is really weird. Even if it picked up a sudden burst of interference it should have recovered eventually. I'd suspect it actually went into something not too far away, and hid itself. This (of course) is where position telemetry back to your radio is very useful.

Best Wishes

I have seem This in the manual
But when the quad make the wobbel and start to drift away i flipped my switch to ATT but still no control
So i dont get it

Hi Brian,

I lost a MC exactly the way you described it. it is a huge NAZA problem. I had this problem over ten times after this event with several MC's / NAZA's. It is for sure a NAZA problem. I however recognize when this is going to happen and I now know how to react accordingly to make sure I don't loose another MC again.

But really, I would contact the dealer and demand a replacement. They cannot say this is a stand alone event anymore. It's a NAZA bug and they are responsible.
Now in Dutch; dit is mooi klote jongen, zorg dat je je geld terug krijgt!

Oke guys thanx for the response and yeah i know its a hexa i will try it at de dealer i bought but the ods are bad! I had saved like a year for This thing ! I dont rest until i get a new one

Eggbeater

Sorry for your loss. I do not have access to manual or software right now but doesn't it say to get out of failsafe you have to go to MANUAL MODE first and then be able to switch to any of the other modes? If this is true, it COULD be that just your descent caused your wobble (or ground resonance or low winds) and the switching from RTH to ATT did the rest. Check to see if your response to the situation was wrong first. We all make mistakes. I have a 3-position switch set up for my modes. But I have a 2-position switch set for failsafe on/off. In any mode, I can go into failsafe and RTH. Same if my radio is turned off. But to get control back and cancel a RTH in the middle of it, I have to set my mode switch and make sure my throttle is about 40% before I switch failsafe off. But I only use WK-M and WK-H and both have been flawless over the years. Not to say that yours was or wasn't defective. Just look in your own backyard first. Keep us posted.

I had a 3 mode switch That was ATT GPS/ ATT/ Fail safe RTH
What i know there is no other option for rth with naza (yeah turn of the radio if you seth That as Fail safe mine whas low trothle About 30%)
Before i begon my flight a waited to the naza had saved the homepoint fast green blink. Then i started the flight i send the hexa away for 50 mtrs and i hit RTH the hexa was coming back just what it like suposed to do and when it was hovering 15 mtr above the homepoint it started to decent and Here is de part when it goed wrong the hexa maked a wobbel and started to drift and i coups not get control back ! I tried it before to interrupt the rth and nothing (Bad) happend and i could fly again !
So i dont no what happend i make the scène a 1000 times in my head. But i think its software related and no fold on my side( but thats my tought)

Gr.

Eggbeater

I had a 3 mode switch That was ATT GPS/ ATT/ Fail safe RTH
Don't care for this switch setup at all. Too risky. Where is "Manual Mode"?

What i know there is no other option for rth with naza (yeah turn of the radio if you seth That as Fail safe mine whas low trothle About 30%)
Before i begon my flight a waited to the naza had saved the homepoint fast green blink. OK. Then i started the flight i send the hexa away for 50 mtrs and i hit RTH the hexa was coming back just what it like suposed to do and when it was hovering 15 mtr above the homepoint it started to decent OK.

and Here is de part when it goed wrong the hexa maked a wobbel and started to drift. Probably not the cause but what was your IOC switch setting at that time? Course Lock IOC changes when it gets close to home.

OK. Sounds like maybe you lost the failsafe setting. Did it drift level (possibly ATT Mode?) or did it drift with cyclic (possbly Manual Mode). What does the manual say if you lose RTH? What does the manual say if you switch out of failsafe mode on your own? IS there a difference? Did you investigate my idea about having to go into Manual mode first before going into Att or GPS? How can you go into Manual mode with your switches set up like you said?
and i coups not get control back !

I tried it before to interrupt the rth and nothing (Bad) happend and i could fly again !
Yes but did you do it EXACTLY the same way this time also?
So i dont no what happend i make the scène a 1000 times in my head. But i think its software related and no fold on my side( but thats my tought)
Right. You don;t know. So you can't blame it on anything yet. Look at the human errors first. Usually it is a setup or switch setting. Once you are CERTAIN, then consider faulty system. I bet if tested it will be fine. But that is just a guess.

From te Manual

For 3-position switch, you should assign: Position-1 to Manual
Mode; Position-2 to Atti. Mode; Position-3 to GPS Atti. Mode; or reverse the assignment for Position-1 and Position-3.
For 2-positions switch, you can assign any two of these three control modes as you like.

i think there is no Manual switch nessercary

from the manual

Notices:

When switch to Manual Mode or Atti. Mode, MC will disengage enhanced failed-safe mode, you canre-gain control of multi-rotor.

about ioc? i didn't use it at the time

when the drift started? it tilt for 10/15 degrees and kep out coing no stop it flew in one line

exactly the same way? yeah the hexa comes back and i take over control again

gr

Eggbeater

I mentioned how I set my switches up. Don't understand how you can calibrate and not have a Manual switch somewhere. But...

10-15deg is not a "drift". That's cyclic. A drift is level and slipping to one direction. Since you did have cyclic, it is clear that either you lost failsafe and it went into whatvere you had your radio settings at or the controller inputted the commmand to tilt on it's own.

Sounds weird to me that the MC would lose FS and do that on it's own...but possible. DJI has had bugs on all systems. They all do. But I have found that most times it is something we did or something like even an intermediate short that caused a glitch. Hard to say without the controller to test.

Doing a test using another MC (HEX) is not a controlled exp[eriment as the aircraft changed. It does suggest that your basic procedure works but that's all. I can tell you that I have accidentally hit switches before without knowing it and other mistakes on my part. Hard to say. Wish I could help find the answer.

Oke thanx for the answers! I think we will never now what happend because the hexa is lost. I know we some times hit switches but thats the only switch with had a meaning the other ones where not connected.
And the three way switch i adjust the endpoint of so it will come in the assistent software as failsafe.

I fly always in one area and before the first time i calibrated my gps ad That location. As decript in the manual. Then i hooked it to my laptop and set my endpoint to failsafe. But the rth has worked at that point for 3 of 4 times.

Gr.

02deuce

Time Warped
Sorry for your loss but this is clearly a case of operator error that causes the loss and not a Naza problem. Your three position switch set up was incorrect form the beginning. If your three position switch was set up for Manual, Atti and GPS mode and you designated a separate RTH switch, and they were all programmed correctly your RTH would have operated correctly. I have used RTH flying FPV to may times to count and it has worked flawlessly every time. Knowing the procedures to deactivate RTH is just as important.

Oke but the manual says that you can also get control back in ATT not nessersarry in manual. Maybe it was a signal interferens i dont no

Gr.

olof

Osprey
I have my two Nazas set up GPS Atti FS and no manual at all.

I can cancel f/s return home just by going to ATTI or GPS, I have done this many times it works fine at least with my Futaba 8FGs radios. I also invoke F/S by turning the radio off, this too works well and you can get control back by turning the radio back on. I have tested this in the middle of a big field, I would not do it as a test anywhere else.

My WKM has a separate switch set up for return home, it comes with a dedicated channel for this. That I use all the time, because it is an easy way to get the 800 back if it is far away and it is hard to see where the nose is, and it is cancelled just by turning that switch off. You can do the same thing in IOC but not as easily in the Naza. With WKM it is just the flick of a switch.

02deuce

Time Warped
My guess would be that by setting up the 3 position switch to include RTH caused the problem, by flipping out of RTH into Atti mode on the same switch is not cancel RTH. On my JR 9503 to cancel RTH I have to switch off RTH (seperate switch) then toggle between any two flight modes (manual,atti,GPS) on my three position switch this cancels RTH and returns control back to the operator.