Another Noob from CA

951UAV

Hey guys, figured I should introduce myself and participate a little. I am in the Temecula/Murietta area of CA and have been into RC (mostly cars) for the last few years. My background is USAF (KC-135/KC-10 Boom Op) followed by industrial inspections and that is my direction with multirotors. So no fancy videos of FPV or chasing snowboards just the mundane and totally unexciting visual inspection and maybe some golf courses. I will probably do some sharing as we get some videos done using IR cameras and possibly a couple of others. I look forward to meeting up and participating as time allows.

Curt

kloner

Aerial DP
welcome to MRF

if you ever get the oppurtunity to sell lidar data, hit me up and i'll make it happen.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Welcome, fellow Californian. This forum has a huge wealth of knowledge and a great group of intelligent and experienced pilots. Most people entering the hobby have similar questions, so try taking a look for whats on here first. If you do searches, make sure to be as thorough as possible since it won't return results with vague queries. If you dont find it people tend to answer things very fast, which makes this an incredibly valuable resource.

Cheers

Yuri

Yuri

951UAV

Yuri, Kloner, thank you for the hello and I am not surprised that you both have responded, I have been lurking and reading for a couple of months and I see you guys are regulars at offering advice. I try to limit the number of dumb questions I will ask as I know it probably has been asked a bunch already. So to that point I do pretty through searches prior to asking. But I'm sure I will have a few ignorant questions along the way.

Thanks again

ChrisViperM

Hello Curt, welcome.....whatever you can't find, just ask. A lot of knowledge to be found here....

Kloner, Curt: what in heavens name is "lidar data"...???? I guess I am outing myself as a noob as well :tennis:

Chris

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm actually curious what Lidar is used for that is so important? AFAIK it is laser imaging. So would you use it for topography/mapping?

951UAV

Yuri, Kloner has a thread that covers the LIDAR pretty good, just use the search function, a wise man once gave me the same advice, :).

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Haha! nice. doesnt interest me THAT much. :) And I wasnt trying to be a ****. Just saying there's a lot of repeat questions and threads on here.

951UAV

Yuri, just figured that was to easy, and I know you were not being a **** and I wasn't being one to you either. Now I have a reason to buy you a beer next time i am in the Bay Area.

kloner

Aerial DP
I like this guy,,,,, he's funny

http://velodynelidar.com/lidar/lidar.aspx

were flying these things, just gotta little more dialing in. You should hear the buzz...... 2mm accuracy with layers of data like what built google maps, but on anything people want surveyed. It's what the google car uses to sense and avoid, it'll most likely be a feature like gps is now in 20 years for not only models but anything that can hit something