Sony A6300 Camera Discussion

oschefer

Ok so here are some pictures of the screen, Unfortunately it is a picture of the screen taken on my phone, I couldnt do a screen capture on the liliput. Then the real picture is there to compare. The screen is pretty good you can easily see what you are getting but to use it for true focus, colors, etc .... may not be the best. These are obviously in the house it was too dark to fly when I got home.

Attachments

• 20160419_215407.jpg
    20160419_215407.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 355
  • 20160419_215822.jpg
    20160419_215822.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 329
  • 1000196.jpg
    1000196.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 327
  • 1000197.jpg
    1000197.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 359

violetwolf

Thanks Owen! It looks about on par with what I am used to with my AV out of the Canon. As you say good enough for composing the shot. It's a shame there aren't any systems in between these and the Lightbridge et al. Someone could clean up if the made a product in the $500 range that would do 720hd throughout.

No big deal though. I've been happy enough for the past few years.

I have a big chip White Box on the way, and will test in a week or two.

oschefer

@engin - I think there are a couple choices

1) get the hdmi to av converter from aerialpixles.com. The link is earleir in this thread. It is not supposed to need additional power but I ended up having to supply 5v to teh mini usb on it to get it to work. That might be because my hdmi cable is not bringing it over so you might not have to do that with your cable... not sure. The HDMI to av converter has 2 wires off it that are a ground and video signal that you wire to the video transmitter. See links and images earlier in this thread.

2) I think this converter will work but you will need to supply 5v to the mini usb. http://www.amazon.com/1080P-HDMI2AV...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00. If you go this route you will also need to get an old RCA cable and cut it. The outter shielding is the ground and the inner wire the video signal and hook these to your video transmitter.

Hope this helps.

engin

Thanks for reply. What do you think this cable (above link) .I think this converters 480p video and I can not photo. I have to find another solotion for take photo.

oschefer

Looks like that cable would work to get the hdmi out back to you. For video start/stop or taking pictures that is a seperate system you need to hook up.

For video you can just start it on the ground and go. To start and stop video ot take pics remotely you need remote shutter control. rc-shutter make some, and the camremote can be used as well.

violetwolf

Hi guys, I found this cable http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-Interface-Standard-REVERSE-SOCKET/dp/B01D4UWFUU . I have costum X8 (converted fy680) with pixhawk FC. I will bought a6300 for fpv. But I dont know hdmi to av converter for A 6300. I want to do video record and aerial photo. What suggestion converter for me that can take photo and video record. Sorry bad english. Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing the link engin. That is the missing part of the puzzle. I'm glad I waited to buy a cable :)

violetwolf

Not at all Rick..What will use converter for a6300. Oschefer say to me aerialpixels converter. I will buy it. And I will buy seperate system for remote control (record on off and take photo)...cables below
http://www.rcshutter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=55
or http://www.flytron.com/rc-camera-shutters/200-sled-sony-rc-shutter.html
What do you think about thise shutter cable and aerialpixels converter.

They both look like they will work. I start my camera while it's on the ground and let it run the whole time I'm flying so I don't use this type of device.

For HDMI I think I posted links above to generic White Box types that you can buy on Amazon and eBay... Get the ones with the big chips on the board that guarantee 1080. I have one that arrived today but I have not tested it yet. I need to buy the cable you linked to first :)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
this camera was just mentioned to me last night as a less expensive option to the a6s (I think, it was late and I was tired! :) )

Hi, this is Helge from KopterKraft.com, the guy who made the video mentioned here by violetwolf.

Regarding GH4 vs. A6300: The A6300 is the better 4K camera in my opinion. The only downside is the limit to 24p/25p when you want to use the 4K Super35 mode which delivers amazing quality.

Together with the 16mm pancake, the camera (inccluding battery) weighs only 470g.

The orientation of the HDMI-connecter in conjunction with the position of the protecting door indeed is a problem for most accessories like AV-converters. DJI provides a micro HDMI to micro HDMI cable for connecting a GoPro with the Lightbridge (spare Part10). Its only 15 cm but the connector has the right orientation. On the other end you can connect an adapter from micro HDMI (female) to whatever you need. Not the perfect solution as it requires two cables and one adapter but at the moment it seems to be the only option.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com Helge, there are a lot of pretty major developments happening behind the scenes that will be announced in the coming week or two so I hope you'll stick around!

Has anyone tried hacking a cable and reorienting the bend to fit the camera better? Just remove the black outer layer and use a heat gun to melt and rework the inner material...no?

engin

this camera was just mentioned to me last night as a less expensive option to the a6s (I think, it was late and I was tired! :) )

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com Helge, there are a lot of pretty major developments happening behind the scenes that will be announced in the coming week or two so I hope you'll stick around!

Has anyone tried hacking a cable and reorienting the bend to fit the camera better? Just remove the black outer layer and use a heat gun to melt and rework the inner material...no?

firstly, my english is bad. As I understand your message,, is this cable for you
http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-Interface-Standard-REVERSE-SOCKET/dp/B01D4UWFUU

violetwolf

Hi Bart, yes see the link above from Engin for the cable. Because this is a very new camera it's taking a few weeks for the hacks we need but everything is coming together. (Engin your English is not very bad, we can understand you well) ;)

You should definitely take a look at this camera Bart. It is baby A7R. (Sharper than the A7s) I'm so very happy with mine.

engin

Hi again. I will use aerialpixels with 6300.. But I am confused about trigger (Seagull and Stratosnapper). I dont know, Can Stratosnapper do a6300 zoom, photo etc via IR. And How to connect Seagull to camera. Because I will wire HDMI out of camera to converter but both seagull and av converter have HDMI input!! Thanks..

violetwolf

Do you have links to these Engin? I know the ones you linked to earlier were IR which trigger the camera with an LED light that activates through the infrared sensor on the camera.

I'm pretty sure that the camera control is on the Multport/USB port for hardwired control. I think the HDMI port is video out only.