Sony A6300 Camera Discussion

violetwolf

Here's what I can find related to overheating. It looks like it's more for stills shooting. However I've still not experienced any issues with mine:

From the article:

Now, as that clearly states, the firmware appears to only affect the still-image-related overheating issues. It is unclear exactly how it achieves this, but it appears to have something to do with optimizing how the cameras heat management algorithms work. Any true overheating issues would likely need to be addressed with hardware modifications, which obviously aren’t happening with a firmware update.

For video shooters though, it looks as if the A6300 overheating issues will continue, and as noted above — short of some sort of hardware modification — it seems unlikely that any significant progress can be had in that regard.

Sony isn’t the only company dealing with heat-related problems on small form-factor cameras, either. Many Fujifilm owners wanted to know if the X-Pro 2 would be able to support 4K video as the newer X-T2 does, but Fujifilm responded that it would not, in large part to its lack of the necessary hardware heat sink needed to effectively dissipate the heat produced by recording 4K video footage.

A6300 owners can download the firmware at Sony’s website.

Last edited:

Dell

For all who looks for remote control of SONY cameras, lets check this device:

http://lab.airpixel.cz/en/commander/

AIR Commander gives drone operator or camera operator full access over camera, complete MENU settings, which means for example:
  • P-A-S-M mode (via memory banks)
  • Exposure (via exposure correction)
  • ISO value
  • White Balance
  • Exposure correction
  • Exposure lock
  • Picture profile
  • Zoom (with electronics zoom control)
  • Focus assistant
  • Steady Shot settings
  • Super35 / Full-frame capture mode
  • Shutter / Video recording
  • and many more
Works with whole series of A7 cameras + A6300

visual-F-%E2%80%93-fin.jpg

Dell

Thanks for comment. Nope, it works over IR.
Good news for many people is , that device is compatible with SONY A6000 too!

bassmission

I just bought an A6300 with the 16-50 lens and have been testing it out on my custom built X8 rig. At the moment I'm getting some vibrations which I think are coming from the aircraft/gimbal but also not sure about the best settings for the camera when I just want to send it up having hit record.

I have the HDMI > SD downlink sorted and a cam remote working but when using it in single operator mode I just want to leave the camera alone and concentrate on piloting...

Would someone be kind enough to specify some good settings to start with for the focus etc - my background is in building and flying not photography so this part is a bit of a mystery right now.

Dell

Hey Poco_bw! This number is sometimes highlighted as problem. In real conditions AIR Commander works for more than 200m, with some "angle tuning" of transmitter works for more than 300-400m!
Anyway, we are listening to this voices and in January we will roll out new optional receiver with range 500m guaranteed and in our tests it worked for more than 750m... Thats distance when our drone (diameter 1 meter) is almost unvisible in the sky! :)

500-1080.jpg

Attachments

• 500-1080.jpg
    500-1080.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 331

poco_bw

I run a A6300 on a Tarot X6 with 1200 propulsion system, bought a system already what I want to try, is also claimed on 800metres-1.2 km, well first I want to try to see if it holds true. Long range is a must for me as I usually do industrial , especially for open pit mines. I didn't really look at your specs or what it does when I saw the 200 meters range I just quit. Often I hit the 2KM range in open pit mines, I know is not so safe, but they are big. 750m sounds reasonable.

poco_bw

I also bought a small system from Turkey for my little gopro. I link it to the Futaba receiver, and as long as I have signal in the Futaba, I can control the camera also. Did you try that route?

design33

I also bought a small system from Turkey for my little gopro. I link it to the Futaba receiver, and as long as I have signal in the Futaba, I can control the camera also. Did you try that route?
Which small system from Turkey you bought? Thanks for infos

Inviato dal mio STX ULTRA 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Dell

I run a A6300 on a Tarot X6 with 1200 propulsion system, bought a system already what I want to try, is also claimed on 800metres-1.2 km, well first I want to try to see if it holds true. Long range is a must for me as I usually do industrial , especially for open pit mines. I didn't really look at your specs or what it does when I saw the 200 meters range I just quit. Often I hit the 2KM range in open pit mines, I know is not so safe, but they are big. 750m sounds reasonable.

For you and similar guys who wants to fly far far away, we just released new Long Range receiver with range up to 750m.
AIR Commander can now remote control your SONY camera for pretty far distances...
http://shop.airpixel.cz/product/air-commander-lr-reciver/

shopfoto3[1].jpg

Attachments

• shopfoto3[1].jpg
    shopfoto3[1].jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 279

Joshua Carr

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone is still shooting with the a6300?
I'm looking at making a Tarot Ironman 650 with a Sony a6300 or Canon G12, in the 2-2.5kg range.
I don't think the weight is possible (to get under 2kg and within Australia's license exemption) without heavily modifying the camera & gimbal.
Build list would look something like:
T Motors (52g)
Tarot 2D Gimbal
6s 8Ah Battery
a6300 + 18 35mm f/1.8 Prime
OR
g12
I'm hoping to get everything else on there including a Video Tx but not sure if this thing is going to be too heavy. Might have to drop the video, and just go for stills...