Some Still images GP hero 2

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Went out to play for a bit this afternoon. Set up my Hero 2 for 2 second time lapse and caught some nice stills...

I am guessing at the altitude was some 150 - 200 Ft, Slight winds of 5 -10 Mph and 25°f.

View attachment 8608 View attachment 8609 View attachment 8610 View attachment 8611
G0021465_zps79d2a649.jpg
G0021464_zps4aeeebd6.jpg

Attachments

• G0031711_zpsf1ce2a8a.jpg
    G0031711_zpsf1ce2a8a.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 338
  • G0031567_zpsed7ad28e.jpg
    G0031567_zpsed7ad28e.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 357
  • G0031553_zps66f1251c.jpg
    G0031553_zps66f1251c.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 381
  • G0031551_zps7960a793.jpg
    G0031551_zps7960a793.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 355

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
:) Trying to talk my wife into some more funding for something like that. She hates the copter... not sure why! lol

Kilby

The go pro lens can be very deceiving when t comes to altitude or distance. I'd say that you are about 50-60 feet there. The lens makes everything seem far away, and that can include the ground which makes it tricky to tell the exact height.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yeah I know about the lens, the house with the green roof is about 100 ft long with the garage. The trees around me are between 70 and a 100 foot, I am not arguing about height, but it was high... very high. A more realistic height would be about 150 ft plus, not knowing the exact height I did give it the 150 - 200 Ft mark...

I had troubles with relative location, being below it and brining it back down was another matter, it looked like it was above me, but the lower it came to me, the more I realized it was not. Certainly was not just 50 - 60 ft up... sorry.

Yeah, just a random shot of my quite little road, mainly trying to get some pics of the sunsetting... I love Sunsets and was trying to see what I could see... I got to go FPV, it is so hard to get any distance with this.

Phil550

Yeah I know about the lens, the house with the green roof is about 100 ft long with the garage. The trees around me are between 70 and a 100 foot, I am not arguing about height, but it was high... very high. A more realistic height would be about 150 ft plus, not knowing the exact height I did give it the 150 - 200 Ft mark...

I had troubles with relative location, being below it and brining it back down was another matter, it looked like it was above me, but the lower it came to me, the more I realized it was not. Certainly was not just 50 - 60 ft up... sorry.

Yeah, just a random shot of my quite little road, mainly trying to get some pics of the sunsetting... I love Sunsets and was trying to see what I could see... I got to go FPV, it is so hard to get any distance with this.

Here's one I took in Tiree, Scotland in Oct last year (Hero2, Timelapse, F550)

View attachment 8622

Attachments

• Tiree House R.jpg
    Tiree House R.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 254

kloner

Aerial DP
try waiting a little longer and take it way up to clear that mountain....... sunsets are best at least back away from mountains so you can actualy tell when it is. Looks like an hour too early

man that looks cold where you are..... brrrrrrrr

Kilby

Certainly was not just 50 - 60 ft up... sorry.

Not trying to argue with you, but it's not much more than 60 feet if that. I've been using that lens to take thousands of photos for over 2 1/2 years now and know how to read the height of the photos. No where near 150-200. It can be very deceiving from the ground, but the photos tell all.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
try waiting a little longer and take it way up to clear that mountain....... sunsets are best at least back away from mountains so you can actualy tell when it is. Looks like an hour too early

man that looks cold where you are..... brrrrrrrr

Thanks Kloner, Kinda scares me going up that high right now. Still fairly new to the quad scene and still have the DJI props on it... lol. Got to change them out before I regret it. I see some really nice sunsets over that hill sometimes, mainly in the Summer, but now I have a better way of getting the shot! It was cold too, both my thumbs was getting cold, holding on to them aluminum sticks.

Thanks - more by luck than anything else as it was the first time that I had flown the 550 seriously....now just trying to find time to finish editing the video!

Really, it really is a great shot. I always love doing the video editing... takes so long to get it right, but the outcome is what I enjoy most. I was doing some video at 1080, but my GoPro decided it was going to film for 7.32s and stop, which was really quite annoying. Got it sorted out now, so I am looking for another nice day to get back at it.

Phil550

Thanks Kloner, Kinda scares me going up that high right now. Still fairly new to the quad scene and still have the DJI props on it... lol. Got to change them out before I regret it. I see some really nice sunsets over that hill sometimes, mainly in the Summer, but now I have a better way of getting the shot! It was cold too, both my thumbs was getting cold, holding on to them aluminum sticks.

Really, it really is a great shot. I always love doing the video editing... takes so long to get it right, but the outcome is what I enjoy most. I was doing some video at 1080, but my GoPro decided it was going to film for 7.32s and stop, which was really quite annoying. Got it sorted out now, so I am looking for another nice day to get back at it.

I really like the video editing as well but always have trouble deciding which music to use - I have a hard drive with over 120,000 tracks which I've borrowed from a friend - need to listen to a few more.......
Mine has done the same thing occasionally - it appears to be the latest firmware that is causing it to lock up.

kloner

Aerial DP
you should try some lights underneath, at least fore or aft so you know what your looking at. a naza in atti is pretty dang reliable when you do it. my first journeys through my yard were a few way up views, and having a set of lights let you know exactly what was up. An FPV cam would make it alot easier to go up and grab that shot over the hill.

You look really low if you look at yourself at the bottom of one of those frames. for it being in wide frame your really big.

not to take away from your post, here is the same exact view (960)from a gopro but with an osd overlay. the right ladder is the elevation via a barometer

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Kloner, that was an awesome video.... I guess your all right, maybe I was lower than first thought! a couple of the shots I took was pretty high, still don't think it was 50 ft. I did see at one point you was around 90 - 100 ft, that looked about right.

It is hard to judge from the ground, and would love to use FPV at some point. Are you using iOSD with that setup? can it be used with the Naza or is that a WooKong thing?

Ohh, I did enjoy the second music track..... lmao.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I really like the video editing as well but always have trouble deciding which music to use - I have a hard drive with over 120,000 tracks which I've borrowed from a friend - need to listen to a few more.......
Mine has done the same thing occasionally - it appears to be the latest firmware that is causing it to lock up.

Music and timing, hardest part of the video sequence if you ask me. Selection is difficult, what you might like probably will not appeal to others. That is the hardest part, so I normally find something that is neutral and free! lol