Mikrokopter Some dimensions measurements please

Bruno28

Hello everyone,
Im thinking of doing a project and I wanted to know some measurements from the Cinestar 6 and 8.

1. What are the tubes outer diameter and the tube wall thickness?
2. The central Carbon plate thickness?
3. Length of the arms from attachment point to motor end?

Does the carbon parts have a matte finish? Is that for avoiding light reflection for camera footage?

Thanks in advance

Bruno28

Are you thinking of cloning one?

No, not really cloning, that wont get me anywhere, but like how they are built and the quality.
I was going to get a F550, but after looking deep, i need something able to carry more weight. There are some other really cool designs, but the are very costly, but i like getting things that are best quality and not have to worry about it.

Im thinking of making a design from scratch out of Carbon composite I just wanted general specs so I know where to start more or less. I already have a carbon manufacturer in Australia I contacted. They have different dimensions and a CNC machine to cut the Carbon sheets.

Yes this is a long long long shot! But im bored and want to put my engineering skill into making something that I will be proud of, and these multicopters are just way to fun.
And I see there is a great potential and market growth in the future, so I want to try and get into it.

My initial ideas are just to create a frame kit. I dont have the required knowledge on electronics, so Ill need to research of maybe find someone that can help me on creating an ESC board.

The flight control system, motors, props and RX, will be from one of the companies available. This is a long term project, I plan on having the frame designed and stage one build by december 2013. Then testing after that.

Ive been doing a fair bit or research. I might be dreaming, but it doent hurt to try.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I don't have a cinestar, but I think they have a 650mm 6 motor/arm hex, and 850 & 1000mm 8 motor/octo.. which is the motor to motor measurement.

I went through a similar thought process and had actually ordered the carbon fiber arms. The next day I found Rusty's frames and canceled my carbon fiber order.

He has a solid frame and I went with 21.5mm tubes for arms.... I have been very happy with the frame. You can check it out here. I may someday upgrade to a new landing gear, but his works for now. Just not the most high tech looking legs.....

http://www.shop.aglhobbiesllc.com/Rusty-s-UAP2-Frame-Kit/

It's fun, but time consuming building everything. If I was going to build another (which I'm contemplating) I would probably go with this frame and pay for the anti-vibration mounts which I didn't do the first time. I will do anything I can to reduce vibration in my next build.

If you have some engineering skills and can solder, just do it.

Good Luck

ChrisViperM

Sorry, was only reading your post just now....

Cinestar 8:

Tube outside diameter: 25 mm

Tube wall thickness: 1 mm

Tube total lenght: 450 mm

Tube is inserted into the main frame : 66 mm

Main frame thickness: 2.5 mm

Main frame diameter: 230 mm

Whole diameter from one tube end across the frame to the other tube end: 998 mm

All the needed clamps (you will need a few of them) and other stuff you can buy as Cinestar accessory, like here:

http://www.kopterworx.com/Spares-Frame/View-all-products
http://www.kopterworx.com/Accesories-Cinestar/View-all-products

Hope this helps....

Chris

ChrisViperM

Would be interesting to see how you go along with your project....if you need any more info, just let me know. One of my Cinestar 8 is still in the box, so it's not difficult to take additional measurements if you need them.

Good luck

Chris

Bruno28

Would be interesting to see how you go along with your project....if you need any more info, just let me know. One of my Cinestar 8 is still in the box, so it's not difficult to take additional measurements if you need them.

Good luck

Chris

Thanks!
The plan is to make a Hexa, but the frame dimensions are similar to the Cinestar8. The thicknesses are just so I have a similar structure strength.
I might even make the clamps. Any suggestion to stick to plastic or metal clamps?

ChrisViperM

I would stick to plastic clamps...they are lighter in weight, and if you have a crash (hopefully never) its better your clamps get ripped apart than the whole frame.....some sort of predetermined breaking point. In terms of holding the booms to the frame there is almost no difference between plastic or metal clamps.

Chris

Bruno28

I would stick to plastic clamps...they are lighter in weight, and if you have a crash (hopefully never) its better your clamps get ripped apart than the whole frame.....some sort of predetermined breaking point. In terms of holding the booms to the frame there is almost no difference between plastic or metal clamps.

Chris

Ok thanks. Plastics will be a bit harder to manufacture for small quantities, unless its 3D printed, but not sure about the plastic strength from 3D printer.

ChrisViperM

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruno28