Aeronavics / Droidworx Skyjib V2 Battery Options

Just in the middle of our Skyjib build for heavy lift. What route/manufacturer are you guys running for batteries.

We are running WKM, Axi 4120-20 and HW 80amp.

Cheers!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I am running a pairs of Zippy flight max 8000 5cell's. I think that 5 cell is as high as you can go with the Axi motors

Dave

kloner

Aerial DP
I haven't gotten to fly them on this model yet, but after screwing around with nano crap, were moving over to gens ace, like this

http://www.gensace.com/epages/genspow.sf/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=2598734&Page=2

those have worked well for me in the past, particularly they tend to have alot less sag than most packs right up to the end. That makes them prone to getting abbused which leads to the deat of a pack, but none the less. Theres a uk warehouse at that link too

ATFlyer

My favourite batteries are my 6S Zippy 8000mAh from Hobbyking UK warehouse. I get just under 10 minutes from them in the cold, with a 5D on my SJ8 (AUW 13kg).

I have some Gensace 6000mAh too which haven't balanced well from new but fly OK. I'll not buy them again though. The Zippys, although cheapest, out perform everything I have (including Optipower & Hyperion).

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanzar

Just in the middle of our Skyjib build for heavy lift. What route/manufacturer are you guys running for batteries.

We are running WKM, Axi 4120-20 and HW 80amp.

Cheers!

Definitly 6s gensace 4x 5800 since you could draw 200 amps easy on 4kg payload. 5s would not be good for those axi.
also option is 2x 10000 but again 100 amps per batt is not good.

SMP

Definitly 6s gensace 4x 5800 since you could draw 200 amps easy on 4kg payload. 5s would not be good for those axi.
also option is 2x 10000 but again 100 amps per batt is not good.

ACK Lanzar that's alarming!! Ok, total newb question but how do you "convert" to 6s from 5s?? Assuming you've stepped all the BEC Voltages down and the PDB and wire gauges can handle the increased voltage is it simply down to whether the motors can handle it as well?

Droider we're also on the AXI, wondering if we're at the limit with those motors then...

Lanzar

why covert to 5s. dji is 6s and axi also. ???? with 2 big batts and red with some equ and fast climb it will go 200 amps easy, but that is like 25 amps per motor, not that much. top we did was 330. with them

SMP

Hi Lanzar, Sorry I wasnt clear :) Currently running 5s and trying to figure out to convert up to 6s

Interesting approx using 4 batteries. Is 100 amps not well within the capabilities of most 10,000 mah batteries?

Just out of interest, what are you using to measure the inflight ampage?

Lanzar

Interesting approx using 4 batteries. Is 100 amps not well within the capabilities of most 10,000 mah batteries?

Just out of interest, what are you using to measure the inflight ampage?

Graupner telemetry , while testing also normal current clamps :) FUll trotle and propelers upside down and you dont want to see the results.

iseeit

Day or Night...
Hey ATFlyer,

Gotta ask...

I have a SkyJib 8 v1, AXI 4120s, a pair of Zippy 8000mAh and a GH3 mounted on a 360 gimbal with radian. It's all coming in around 22lbs (10kg).
My last flight was around 4 minutes and I was down from 4.19(ish) to 3.8(ish), per cell. It was about 9C outside.

How in the heck are you getting just under 10 minutes with a heavier machine?
I must have done something wrong in my build.

I was told not to go down to 3.7 per cell or else it becomes a meteor :)

ATFlyer

Hey ATFlyer,

Gotta ask...

I have a SkyJib 8 v1, AXI 4120s, a pair of Zippy 8000mAh and a GH3 mounted on a 360 gimbal with radian. It's all coming in around 22lbs (10kg).
My last flight was around 4 minutes and I was down from 4.19(ish) to 3.8(ish), per cell. It was about 9C outside.

How in the heck are you getting just under 10 minutes with a heavier machine?
I must have done something wrong in my build.

I was told not to go down to 3.7 per cell or else it becomes a meteor :)

I take mine down to 3.2v/cell. I have the first level protection set to 21.3v (3.55v/cell) which I know will give me about a minute to get back. I use the TX timer and I have an OSD too so I can see if something is amiss.
i have put a pair of Hyperion 5500mAh packs through this since June last year. They weren't new when I started (probably 18months old) and have been charging them at 2C maybe up to 5 or 6 times a day. They've never puffed up & only now one cell is a bit slow to take its full charge. I'm still getting 5.5 minutes from this pair at 3 Celsius.

iseeit

Day or Night...
3.5 before you land is more than fine. you probably have wrong prope and 5s is killing you.
My Bad, I should have mentioned that I'm using a pair of 6s 8000mAh with 15x7 Xoar props.

So if I let them get down to 3.5 and land within the minute I should be fine, assuming no excessive throttling?

uahio777

I am running a pairs of Zippy flight max 8000 5cell's. I think that 5 cell is as high as you can go with the Axi motors

Dave
I am also running the same cells but i have some problem that 1 or 2 cells are not working some time i do not know how is it possible..Any one tell me where the problem existed?