Show your FPV video

DesJardins

This was with the Circular Wireless Omni Skew Planar Wheel 5.8GHz Tx/Rx Antennas.

The other video I am going to edit I went out to .83 of a mile before turning around (close to the High power lines you can see in the distance of this video)

kloner

Aerial DP
ah, big thick wire going up.... seen it in the shadow and was thinking you had already changed up....

That must be an old farm field all cross plowed eh... what a weird looking field..... is that well for the plants in the field? must be littigation property to protect something since that developement was put in there. it's like grease wood or something aint it?

are you going to that AZ electric fly?

DesJardins

Ooooh yea, the wire has that thicker tube around the wire to "protect it"
:0)

The field is really strange as it's nnext to that lush green farming land in the "DesJardins FPV" video and I see a tractor once in a while go through it. It makes for a great area and the farther you head out the larger the brush gets. Yesterday when I went out just under a mile I found a HUGE opening in the ground so I'm taking my MTB bike out there to see what the heck I was looking at so I'll post up pics once I get out there.

If it's the AZ event towards the end of January at the AZ model aviators field then yup I'll head out to see it that weekend.

krleas

FPV Freak
After few days of snowing, beautifull day for some FPV.
Outside temp -11, a good test for Naza. Max distance, 2.7 km with cloverleaf/skew on 5,8ghz and 600 m high.
Speed up to 110 km/h.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Got a chance to do some flying yesterday morning in temps that were barely above freezing (34 degrees F), won't be long before we see snow here I think! I'm off work for the holidays through January 2nd starting this coming Friday 12/21, if the Mayans were wrong and the world doesn't end on Friday I'll be back out at the field as much as time, weather, and SWMBO permits during the holiday break ;)

Here's some low level practice flying with the QAV500, got similar video with one of the TBS Discos that I'll edit and post when I get a few minutes to spare...

Ken

kloner

Aerial DP
getting ready to make us a whole pile of em..... New Years Week

Flew the xy8 too, but it's not quite setup yet. weird flying something without ATTI

azure

getting ready to make us a whole pile of em..... New Years Week

Flew the xy8 too, but it's not quite setup yet. weird flying something without ATTI

Wow, that thing is fast, Kloner! Really nice flying without the ATTI, love the way it just floats. What ship is that, an X8?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
As good as the QAV500 is for low altitude the TBS Discovery is better if you really want to get down in the weeds... :)

This was my TBS Disco #2, #1 is in the process of getting some "upgrades" and moving from a Naza to Multiwii Mega flight controller.

Ken

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks jack, fxin to go manual on that thing. Getting used to it first, then ill see if we can get that thing to thermal shutdown to get it's butt in gear. one of the twos gonna happen. Gains aint right yet. close, but not perfect. Crazy how smooth it is in no wind, but you add a breeze and it falls apart. must bee to low still

kloner

Aerial DP
that is a ZXL in wind with a gopro. it needs about 10 more lbs to settle it down. I'm on the next build and am already thinking going back to the zII for less wing loading and less bounce in wind. Just scares the crap out of me thinking about landing a nex5 on a zII...... they come in kinda hot especially that heavy. gonna stall 20mph

First time i've ever flown with flipper. huge swells yesterday, 10-15 mph offshore winds make em hang and makes em smooth. What people in so cal wait for surf wise.