Ray Bahas

Multo bello Augusto :)
Excellent choice of music/shooting field and synched rhythm. Beautiful place that deserve contemplative slow camera movements.
However, allow me some humble critics. I noticed your Octocopter and you probably need a higher camera specs or editing gear controls (raw or compressed footage ?)
Also, in this case of important sound track, it's better to stick to the synching, meaning that changing the images sequences speed with regard to the music intensity, when editing.
Apology for this comment, I'm not trying to patronize, just giving some insights. Otherwise, Bravo for this very nice aerial sequences and all my respect for your work.
Ciao.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vojec

tombrown1 I have oktokopter cinestar clone with mikrokopter FC2.2 . My gimbal is av200 with skyline 1.2fw with Canon 5dmk2. Axi 2814/22 motors 13" props. That's not perfect equipment but I can work with it

Beautiful shots. Perfect timing (morning, fog,...). It is important to: fly and shot, not build, rebuild and collecting fleet... ;)

@Kari,
Great forest stuff you record... with music... well done

tonyh0905

2013 Fireworks at Barry Island

I tried to film our local annual fireworks display last yearwith my ARdrone v1, which ended with a broken central cross, and no video....Ihate the wind :(
This year was more windy (20mph gusting to 30mph), but theDJI F450 can handle that better so I gave it another go.
The only safe place I could find to fly was 700m from theaction, so not as impressive as I'd hoped, but here it is:)

anaka

Multo bello Augusto :)
Excellent choice of music/shooting field and synced rhythm. Beautiful place that deserve contemplative slow camera movements.
However, allow me some humble critics. I noticed your Octocopter and you probably need a higher camera specs or editing gear controls (raw or compressed footage ?)
Also, in this case of important sound track, it's better to stick to the syncing, meaning that changing the images sequences speed with regard to the music intensity, when editing.
Apology for this comment, I'm not trying to patronize, just giving some insights. Otherwise, Bravo for this very nice aerial sequences and all my respect for your work.
Ciao.

Ciao Ray, thanks for all your good tips ;)

the low quality that you see depends by hte compression on vimeo, the footage was filmed with a GH2 Panasonic and the raw quality is very high
about the edit i agree with you, it could be better but I didn't spent too much time on it, just 1 hour, this is just a personal video test, nothing commercial
I just cutted what I filmed without to struggle too much for a perfect result, anyway it looks good for what it is :D

thanks again for your appreciation!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi,

I always feel self-conscious after seeing the awesome videos on this topic but here goes. I put together a collection of some shots I did this year. Yes, my video editing skills need a lot of work and I have a hard time finding good music to sync with the videos. It's a work in progress.

Cheers!

Hey Ben, I totally hear you and I am very hesitant for the same reasons.. jaja. We're all on this journey together and some are further along than others, and we learn from them. But I loved you shots and the overall smoothness. You have some great landscape and picturesque places in your area.

As far as music goes, checkout Brian Dexter and Sean Brattan on SoundCloud.com. Over the last two months i have found some great tracks from them that are engaging, yet perfect to sync to. If you like more "abstract" music, I've found some from uppermost.

FlyGirl

Hi,

I always feel self-conscious after seeing the awesome videos on this topic but here goes. I put together a collection of some shots I did this year. Yes, my video editing skills need a lot of work and I have a hard time finding good music to sync with the videos. It's a work in progress.

Cheers!

You're selling yourself short Ben... You have an eye for what is pretty and interesting. I like your vids and i just subscribed to your YouTube channel :)

Benjamin Kenobi

You're selling yourself short Ben... You have an eye for what is pretty and interesting. I like your vids and i just subscribed to your YouTube channel :)

Thanks young lady! It's the English condition of selling ones self short. At least that's what I tell myself?! :02.47-tranquillity:

Benjamin Kenobi

Thanks a lot! Music is from premiumbeat.com, not free but really great source. Almost every track is usable there which makes searching easy :)

$40 a track seems expensive to me but the selection is awesome! Thanks for the link! I guess if the client is paying then £25 ain't so bad.

Kari

$40 a track seems expensive to me but the selection is awesome! Thanks for the link! I guess if the client is paying then £25 ain't so bad.

I have a principle what i wish will be respected to my work too, if you use someones work to possibly benefit your work or career you'll need to pay for this work. In my opinion there's no such thing as free. Maybe we can use some songs in our videos just by mentioning credits but i've started to feel it's not just fair. At least i'm not the one who wants to fight against record companies. There was no client paying the track but i think $40 is just fair price to get good sleep without fear of record company chasing me.

Well....certainly not up to the calibre of most of the rest found hereabouts. This was shot last week around the corner from my house (which you can see if you know where to look).

NO brushless gimbals were hurt, harmed, or otherwise utilized in the filming of this video.......

(OK...not really a very long distance. At least not until you realise it was all done with 2.4gHz control and 5.8gHz video)

.....sT

Av8Chuck

Third house on the right is yours...

I'd say that if you shot this without a gimbal the caliber of your footage is quite good.

Nice work.

amicu1

Build DIY 1S, 2S, 3S power packs for your Ground Station

Another contribution for the rest of the FPV community. Build your own power packs (1S, 2S, 3S) to juice up your Ground Station or any other power device by using reclaimed laptop batteries 18650. Enjoy and please give LIKE so others can benefit from this info. Go FPV!!!