ActionDrone

went to salton sea east of San Diego. Its deserted place since the fish keeps dying off these waters and smells really bad! God some videos but I made a 30 second clip to highlight some stuff before I make a compilation video for San Diego.

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
All very good an' all ... but how I emphatically abhor the GoPro view. For a device designed to self-portrait a dude on his surfboard, mounting a GoPro on a helicopter represents the epitome of mis-deployment of equipment.

Still, I'm really chuffed that everybody else uses it though.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Well I am really just getting started but here is a sampler of my aerial video attempts with a custom Hex 800mm c/w Hero GoPro3 Black set to 2.7k @ 30 fps..... Skyloco does the video editing for me.......

FlyGirl

Well I am really just getting started but here is a sampler of my aerial video attempts with a custom Hex 800mm c/w Hero GoPro3 Black set to 2.7k @ 30 fps..... Skyloco does the video editing for me.......

It's marked "private" so we can't view it....

jhardway

This is some video from a steeple chase race, the idea was that there was a corner of the track where the judges could not see clearly. As a test for thought, The copter was lofted about 50 ft and sat while the horses came down the track. When done there was a flight made on the infield of the event, and after slapping it together this is a 1:30 clip of the results.

FlyGirl

This is some video from a steeple chase race, the idea was that there was a corner of the track where the judges could not see clearly. As a test for thought, The copter was lofted about 50 ft and sat while the horses came down the track. When done there was a flight made on the infield of the event, and after slapping it together this is a 1:30 clip of the results.

That's an interesting subject for an aerial video...! I have never seen a steeplechase horse race. Anyways, nice vid! I enjoyed it!

Not bad.....

Just kidding! You are setting a new standard of excellence my friend! The MR must be pretty small to fly in those tight spots? Certainly not a S-800 !!?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Correction.... previous was set at private.... here is another that should be visible now!

Ray Bahas

Yes, very nice videos Kappytan, you're lucky to be in this kind of environment (minus sharks) :)I admire the guts you have to take off and moreover, to land on this tiny boat bow, even with zero wind and flat sea.
A few months ago I was asked the same for yacht filming, I declined...

Kappytan

Sky High
Yes, very nice videos Kappytan, you're lucky to be in this kind of environment (minus sharks) :)I admire the guts you have to take off and moreover, to land on this tiny boat bow, even with zero wind and flat sea.
A few months ago I was asked the same for yacht filming, I declined...

Thank you Ray, we live on a 21x7 mile island. All we do is fly over water, all the time, i guess you can say its our specialty. Taking off and landing from a moving boat, small or large is no issue, if there is room for the props to spin up, there's room for me to take off.
Wait until you see the video we are working on now should be done in a week. We played Chicken with an old Pan-Am DC-6 aircraft (sanctioned by the FAA), over water. Here is a pic.

View attachment 14132

I hear all the time of crews that will not fly over water. Don't understand why this is, your equipment doesn't fly any different over water than it does over land. I am more relaxed to be flying over water than land, you don't have to worry as much about causing harm to a person or property should there be a malfunction.
In the end I guess being fully insured on our rigs and equipment helps out mentally :nevreness:

Attachments

• NRC_Flyby.jpg
    NRC_Flyby.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 162

Ray Bahas

I fully agree with you about flying over waters instead of people. I do fly over waters but land on solid ground and there's a reason for that: we don't enjoy insurances for flying Multirotors around here, so guess what it would cost me scratching a millionaire's boat... This said, love your stuff and eager to see what you did with the DC-6. I guess the DC pilot had his teeth tightened :)

FlyGirl

Thank you Ray, we live on a 21x7 mile island. All we do is fly over water, all the time, i guess you can say its our specialty. Taking off and landing from a moving boat, small or large is no issue, if there is room for the props to spin up, there's room for me to take off.
Wait until you see the video we are working on now should be done in a week. We played Chicken with an old Pan-Am DC-6 aircraft (sanctioned by the FAA), over water. Here is a pic.

View attachment 17800

I hear all the time of crews that will not fly over water. Don't understand why this is, your equipment doesn't fly any different over water than it does over land. I am more relaxed to be flying over water than land, you don't have to worry as much about causing harm to a person or property should there be a malfunction.
In the end I guess being fully insured on our rigs and equipment helps out mentally :nevreness:

Ya know, the nerve of that DC-6 pilot flying in OUR airspace..... ;)

That's a cool pic... Can't wait to see the vid!

Chadfish

This is a test I just did with the new Hero3+. It looks OK in this video, but it's definitely not as sharp as the Hero3. I was using an ND filter on the Gopro too.