Meez

born to fly
i used pan/tilt camera mount with Align servos but no idea what brand it is (sorry for that). To absorb vibrations, i make my own damper using nitro fuel hose (silicone hose), it really works................:tennis:

juz

FPV pilot
Hey Juz

What does your throttle curve look like for your FPV quad? Do you use Throttlr curves in your TX or do you use the Throttle curve in the CC software?

I struggle with low level flying when FPV i cant quite seem to keep her level and keep touching the ground!!

Makes for quite exciting flying when your not expecting it!

Oh and i think you shoudldo a Build log here to share your FPV quad setup!

Cheers

Ben

Hey Ben

I use the OP CC GCS to configure my throttle. 90% max. A little more agressive (steeper) through mid range. I like to have lots of power available around hover. New motors coming soon, I hope. The turnigys are very tired.

View attachment 1126

Attachments

• 27092011.JPG
    27092011.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 142

Borneoben

Hey Juz

Thanks for that

Thats interesting. Maybe what ineed is more sensitivity around the hover point for more control over height above ground level in fast forward flight.

I hadnt thought of that

I will experiement.

Cheers

Bowley

I was just interested what meez was using for roll comp as he said it was a pan and tilt mount, just interested because I'm in the process of choosing a mount and many I have seen footage from seem quite jittery in the roll axis, but not meez's. I presume he meant tilt & roll.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Finally! I got my hex running smooth enough to attach the camera and play a little. Now to get the jitters out of my hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

First trimming flights of my new Y6. After the X quad I had before, the Y6 seems like it will need longer to get right. I have found its very sensitive to the wind compaired to my quad, it only takes a slight breese to upset it. I will have to try and tweek it some more.

Macsgrafs

Not from my MR, but my 50cc SU26....first attempt

I only mounted the gorpo with cable ties(bodgery), the canopy vibrated like there was no tomorrow (as per usual) & I lost a mounting screw(also as per usual), but Im pleased with the way the smoked perspex reduced the cameras shutter speed. The ground shots were filmed by my fiancee, Kirsty.

Ross

Meez

born to fly
I was just interested what meez was using for roll comp as he said it was a pan and tilt mount, just interested because I'm in the process of choosing a mount and many I have seen footage from seem quite jittery in the roll axis, but not meez's. I presume he meant tilt & roll.

maybe because i'm not moving around and the wind not so strong so there is less jitter on my video. I'm in process learning to fly the hexa, at the moment just hovering, not moving around. Later i will post another video.............

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Nice one.. looks pretty smooth to me.. Ryou just using the Xaircraft FC then?

Yes, only the XA FC and AHRS. No compass/gps. It really does fly amazingly well. The whole reason I used it was to show people that you can get great results without MK or DJI. I am positive after a few tries playing with gains it will be even better. It is shot at 60fps too so i could slow it down for great results but i didnt want to do that. The reality is though, the only jitters were from me being a nervous pilot taking it for the first time. Having that much time and money in the air is truly nerve racking.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
that was awesome! i can see the advantage of having a "beater" quad now.

What FPV components are you using? I am getting close to diving into that.

juz

FPV pilot
thanks fellas. Hey, thats no beater quad, thats my best machine.

1.3 ghz 300mW transmitter - 3dBi omni antenna - readymaderc.com
eagletree elogger and OSD - readymaderc.com
Gopro HD hero

2 x 1.3Ghz receivers with 8dBi patch and 3dBi omni antennas
Eagletree EagleEyes FPV station (diversity)
Fatshark BASE goggles
2200 mah 3s lipo
mounted on a camera tripod.
all from readymaderc.com

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
thanks fellas. Hey, thats no beater quad, thats my best machine.

1.3 ghz 300mW transmitter - 3dBi omni antenna - readymaderc.com
eagletree elogger and OSD - readymaderc.com
Gopro HD hero

2 x 1.3Ghz receivers with 8dBi patch and 3dBi omni antennas
Eagletree EagleEyes FPV station (diversity)
Fatshark BASE goggles
2200 mah 3s lipo
mounted on a camera tripod.
all from readymaderc.com

Very nice Juz. I would be so nervous flying in the trees like that...I expect you have had a few encounters with branches etc?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
The Wookong-M hex finally got to fly someplace other than my backyard today, brought the Sony Nex 5N along to try the two together for some real video for a change. Here's the first try at doing a decent video with this combo, best viewed @ 720P if you have the bandwidth for it. Looks really great on my monitor in 1080P, unfortunately for some unknown reason Avid refuses to render it in anything other Windows format @ 720P, I think it may be time to consider replacing my editing software!

Still have a few things to smooth out but overall I think this is going to be a winning combo...

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@Juz.. fantastic flying there.. makes me want to get my CC board out again and try get it to fly as smooth as that.. could you post a picture of your set up?

@Ken.. at last you sound happy:friendly_wink: and the footage is excellent.. I can see the trees and bulrushes dancing so I guess it was blowing a bit to.. Good stuff

Dave