Just a could of videos from my DJI F550 with a GOPRO Hero 2

This one is where I crashed coming in a little too hard.

This one is of our flying field in Loganholme in Queensland Australia.
I used Youtube stabilization on it with good results.
You see in the vide that twice I turned the motors off completely to see how the Failsafe would recover the flight. Seemed to work quite well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello,

I just completed the edition of my first film release from the material gathered this summer. This is done with the Sarab Vampire Hex & Paris board from multiwiicopter, no gimbal. Filming in low wind condition, even more important, in acro mode rather that level mode produces smooth video even without gimbal.

Special thanks to my wife who gave me the permission to film this provided that I woke up at 5:00 AM, drove 2 hours, filmed 30 minutes at sunrise, drove back and arrived on time to assist her giving breakfast to our 4 kids!

Cheers,

https://vimeo.com/73539452

Gregory
T-Rex 550 FB
FPV : Scarab Multiwiicopter Hex-H Vampire, YSiix and Quad FPV Reconn

This is absolutely wonderful!

I sure hope your wife appreciate the final product! (Ha! Ha!). I am quite surprized with the stability and absence of rolling shutter especially without the use of any type of stabilization system on your camera. Your description of the ACRO mode is, I suppose, the use of accelerometers, gyroscopes and a magnetometer (magnetic sensor) but no GPS inputs, am I correct? Also which settings were you using with your camera?

I think the efforts you put into this project have paid off big time...

Félicitations, wow!

Roger

This is absolutely wonderful!

I sure hope your wife appreciate the final product! (Ha! Ha!). I am quite surprized with the stability and absence of rolling shutter especially without the use of any type of stabilization system on your camera. Your description of the ACRO mode is, I suppose, the use of accelerometers, gyroscopes and a magnetometer (magnetic sensor) but no GPS inputs, am I correct? Also which settings were you using with your camera?

I think the efforts you put into this project have paid off big time...

Félicitations, wow!

Roger

Thanks, Roger.

Acro mode is no GPS, no MAG, no accelerometers, only Gyros. GPS and Mag tend to bring some corrections while, most annoying Accelerometers tend to bring back to horizontal (level). So with level, fast forward is obtained by maintaining pressure on the pitch stick. Any variation on the pressure on that stick will immediately induce tilt on the video...

Rolling shutter: First props AND motors are carefully balanced. Second, in case there is some residual vibration, the camera is attached to the so-called 8 ball gello killer, an isolating device from multiwiicopter.

I use Gopro H3 Black in 720p / 60 fps + photos every 5 seconds.

Gregory
T-Rex 550 FB
FPV : Scarab Multiwiicopter Hex-H Vampire, YSiix and Quad FPV Reconn