MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... shoot the video with only tilt compensation. Let the gravity take the roll after CG'ing the camera on the gimbal. Now that I know this works, ....

Really? I cannot say I EVER had any good results leaving horizon control up to gravity. The one thing I could always count on was the horizon leaning one way or the other, depending on which direction I was flying, whether the heli turning or if the wind was blowing a bit.

Sorry, but your video doesn't look much better. The Roll axis is THE most important and is HAS to be driven. Gravity is definitely not sufficient.

baker55

Here are a couple of yards we just finished. Give the customer a different view.View attachment 5478

Attachments

• GOPR4430.jpg
    GOPR4430.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 282

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Baker55, nice image but this would have been enhanced without lens distortion. Some images are enhanced with lens distortion but this kind of shot is not - just my perspective.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Baker55, I asume you are using a GoPro - you can get a different lens (I think it is Sunex or something like that you can install and it pretty much eliminates the lens distortion) - check the discussion forums many people have made that change.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
This one was shot about 2 weeks ago with my Y-6 and the GH2 ....

Are you shooting 1080 or 720? The Harvest video showed just a touch of the jello in places and I am wondering if that is due to the GH2 tendency to do this at 1080 that I have read about here somewhere. I shot the Château du Vivier at 720p50 because I wanted to be able to slow it down if necessary but in the end didn't need to. Then of course I wished I had left it at 1080p25 !

Your Y6 is really stable. Good job!

Michael64

No jello at all it what happens when uploaded to youtube the the file before uploaded look really sharp its amazing how much youtube down grades it. You takes it from 1080 to 720 which destroys the quality a good bit. I have not really had any jello issues with the GH2 the hacks on the other hand is a whole different story.

Micahel64

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Are you running a hack on your GH2? I did not have much success with all that. Pretty much all the 'big name' patches resulted in freezes. Eventually I went through the motions of installing Sanity5 because everything else appeared too unstable, but I don't know if it actually loaded or not because I don't see any big differences. Certainly there are no menu changes. But then maybe there are not supposed to be any menu changes. Who knows? Nobody gives out information. The whole GH2 hack issue seems shrouded in secrecy and full of dog-in-a-manger attitude. I can't be bothered with it.

Michael64

Not that hard really Iam running FlowMotion 2.02 the detail is really nice when viewing the raw footage. It works really well but takes a high end card to be reliable all the time. There is no change to the menu settings with the hacks it changes the settings in the firmware. I run mine in manual mode and and manual focus all the time becasue this is where the hack difference comes in to play for the most part. Not saying its perfect but I got it so I must use it for awhile anyway. Thinking of getting the PJ710 from Sony or the PJ 760 it has manual control the PJ710 does not have some of the manual controls the 760 does.

Michael64

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Not that hard really Iam running FlowMotion 2.02 the detail is really nice when viewing the raw footage. It works really well but takes a high end card to be reliable all the time. There is no change to the menu settings with the hacks it changes the settings in the firmware. I run mine in manual mode and and manual focus all the time becasue this is where the hack difference comes in to play for the most part. Not saying its perfect but I got it so I must use it for awhile anyway. Thinking of getting the PJ710 from Sony or the PJ 760 it has manual control the PJ710 does not have some of the manual controls the 760 does.

Michael64

Can we hop over to the GH2 Info & Hacks thread with this? I have questions.

apejovic

I´ll try to introduce myself with some of my videos. There is NO post stabilization on any of them.
Here´s the first one, a short mini reel with some shots made at 2300 m (7500 ft) plus some other works

I hope you like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

alik

Bad light, next to zero experience, but great equipment: here is my first S800/Z15 video:

Last edited by a moderator: