MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The servos are the Savox items that were supplied with the AV200 i.e. Tilt: SC-1258TG, Roll: SH-1290MG, Pan: SG-0351. As I said, the pan was locked off to make two-axis control but I know the Pan servo is crappy. It is slow as hell. But the other two are not so bad. Besides, I do not mind a little bit of sway in the image at times. A constantly rigid horizon is clever and impressive but just a little bit unnatural somehow.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

CineStars and Statues

A few Statues with updated CS 360 Gimbal SW and settings + a half day of tuning once installed.

My Roll axis getting better BUT sadly im not in with the "cool" group of freefly radian beta testers.

GHX Shot at 720P 60P. 24 FPS timeline - FCPX - ZERO post stabilization. Slight grade with MB Looks

Best watched in HD.

Cheers,
TJ

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Apejovic
Thanks alot for the info the info considering the Sony PJ710V for myself. Whats the difference between the CX740 and the PJ710V.

Michael64

Jeez. Why don't these manufacturers make it simpler? The PJ prefix for projector is pretty simple to comprehend but the difference between a HDR-CX760, 740 & 730 is difficult to nail down. Even Sony does not feature ALL the cameras on their own site. Amazon info looks inaccurate, as if someone has copied&pasted CX740 info and applied it to the 730 without updating the zoom range. Why are people so stupid?

Anyway....... as far as I have been able to ascertain, the 760 is the US version of the UK's 730 - who knows why they cannot share the same model number - and so, applying similar inverted, bent and otherwise incomprehensible logic, and by virtue of its 30X optical zoom, the 740 must be what might be available (but not yet!) in the States as model number 770 (?? maybe?). But does it also feature the much lauded BOSS lens stabilization? Dunno. It doesn't say anywhere.

apejovic

Yes my cx740 has the BOSS stabilization which is simply, INCREDIBLE with both zoom open/close. Here in europe the difference between th CX730, CX740 and CX760 is not related with BOSS (they all have it) or the lenses but simply because the GPS and internal memory. The 730 has no GPG and no internal memory, the 740 has GPS and 32 Gb and the 760 is identical to the 740 but with 96Gb of memory.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I was just about to relocate this to avoid hijacking the thread but ... that's already happened now. So, one last question. Is your 740 a 10X or 30X optical zoom? 30X seems pretty optimistic but that's what the Amazon description says.

apejovic

After Pitbulls concert video today I bring you something more relaxing.

It´s a video made one month ago for a tourism congress. Normally we prepare each work and choose the locations but this time everything was done really quickly. We were called the same day and I had to film without the camera operator or the video link. I was surprised with the result, and the palm shot at 1:17 is one of my favorites of all the works I have done. I just wish to have the opportunity to work again in that hotel and make an even better video.

Please turn on your speakers (a video is incomplete without a soundtrack). I hope you´ll like it:

Vimeo:

Youtube:

hjls3

It´s a video made one month ago for a tourism congress. Normally we prepare each work and choose the locations but this time everything was done really quickly. We were called the same day and I had to film without the camera operator or the video link. I was surprised with the result, and the palm shot at 1:17 is one of my favorites ]

WOW, good stuff. Stunning, amazing flying, super stable. Quite frankly it was pretty inspirational and gives me something I can shoot for. Small critique and just my very novice personal view point (i hope we are all here to learn) - there were a couple times the horizon was not level. Was that the look you were going for or was that due to such short notice? Regardless - dang! that is an amazing video and a great example of what this platform is capable of.

apejovic

WOW, good stuff. Stunning, amazing flying, super stable. Quite frankly it was pretty inspirational and gives me something I can shoot for. Small critique and just my very novice personal view point (i hope we are all here to learn) - there were a couple times the horizon was not level. Was that the look you were going for or was that due to such short notice? Regardless - dang! that is an amazing video and a great example of what this platform is capable of.

Yes, the horizon problem was making me mad. That work was done using hitec servos and on the sequences that were slowed down from 50 to 25 frames the slow reaction of the roll is very noticeable. Now I use faster savox servos which fix this problem quite well.

hjls3

Yes, the horizon problem was making me mad. That work was done using hitec servos and on the sequences that were slowed down from 50 to 25 frames the slow reaction of the roll is very noticeable. Now I use faster savox servos which fix this problem quite well.

thanks so much for that info. at this point in my MR experience, that type of info is priceless. Loved the video regardless!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Am i the only one that finds it unusual that a "moderator" is lighting somebody up for posting things in the correct thread and keeping to himself? Typical "do as i say and not as i do". haha Guess next time i wanna upload a video i'll have to ask Dave if it's creative enough or if i've answered enough questions to post it.

I've typically asked the site's moderators to refrain from engaging too heavily in destructive commentary as the point is to keep things positive. Dave understands that but he'd also entitled to his opinion and I think he's made himself clear even if he was a little direct about it.

the repeated practice of post-and-run doesn't win people over very well. Jeff Scholl is one of the owners of Quadrocopter.us so it's odd that he'd display poor form in posting and then, more often than not, ignoring questions as to what he's doing other than using the Cinestar frame (that he sells).

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

Nice stuff Apejovic. I am sure its here somewhere but whats your set up?

Would love to have that kind of weather to work in.. nice

Dave

krleas

FPV Freak
This is short sequence from yesterday shooting. We had live HD transimiton.
Cinestar X4 + CF200 pro + Boxx HD
There is no postproduction or stabilization off course its Live :)

apejovic

This is short sequence from yesterday shooting. We had live HD transimiton.
Cinestar X4 + CF200 pro + Boxx HD
There is no postproduction or stabilization off course its Live :)

Nice work, a Live HD is something I need to add to my equipment. Could you tell me more about the CF200, price, availability etc?

smaris

I like your night flying . I made one a month ago . It not easy .
I am interested for your equipment for HD live and for your CF200 .
Your picture looks like zenmuse gimbal . Perfect.

Smaris

Lanzar

I like your night flying . I made one a month ago . It not easy .
I am interested for your equipment for HD live and for your CF200 .
Your picture looks like zenmuse gimbal . Perfect.

Smaris

CF 200 is a homemade mount by our Friend Michael. When he will make a line production for them we will sell them in shop. And it is designed for piclock which is for now imposible to get.

FerdinandK

Hello over here, just registered ...

Here two recent video of mine:

best regards

Ferdinand