Looks like a couple things going on. I think you may need to soften up your sticks a bit. Perhaps without knowing your main roll servo is too sensitive to small adjustments causing the gimbal to have latency relative to the gimbal roll axis. You may want to speed up (increase) the gimbal roll compensation servo on your gimbal. I have similar Roll axis issues when I am using the 3 axis especially causing that jerky thing. It could be the torque that moves the copter during the initiation of pan and it's causing me to make quick roll adjustments to the copter resulting in the gimbal not keeping the cam level and smooth. I'm fiddling with higher value's on the gimbal servo compensation values to try to eliminate one of the several variables.

Other thought is to check your belts and make sure they are nice and tight. Finally, check your CG with and without the cam and make sure all is level prior to flying the cam. I'll keep you posted as I work through the same issues.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Here's a 50 second clip from a quick shoot on saturday evening.

I seem to be having issues with jittery gimbal servos - using Futaba S3156 continuous.

At ground level there wasn't much breeze, but at tree top level there were gusts - you can see/hear when a gust hits as the motors start working hard and the gimble jitters.

Running the gimbal servos from the flight pack via a turnigh 6v switching reg. Ground shared with both the reg and the WKM.

Props level, balanced and running parallel to each other, co-ax motors level, gps holding solid.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately that's pretty much normal behavior for the WKM in windy conditions, a combination of the frame bouncing around and the gimbal stabilization not being quite up to the job. A couple things you can do to mitigate the problem, lower the ATTI gains on both pitch and roll, that's where a lot of the jitter occurs, the higher the gain the harsher the response to anything that upsets the frame stability, i.e. wind. Another thing is to increase the basic pitch and roll settings a bit and try to fly with the wind rather than fighting it trying to stay stationary or fly into it.

On my Cinestar 6 I typically have the ATTI gains on a TX slider and run the gain betwen 40 to 100% with the basic pitch and roll at roughly 220, this seems to work the best with the AV130 properly setup. With the current firmware there is simply no way to completely eliminate the jitters in the wind regardless of what you do, all that is possible at the moment is to minimize the problem and try to fly around it as I've become accustomed to doing. There will be a new firmware release coming shortly that is supposed to address the stability issue on large/heavy frames, I'm hoping that along with a Skyline RSGS will iron out the last of the twitchiness from the WKM controller.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Juz, you go from strength to strength my friend, superb flying as always. Loved the invert & turn,,,no wonder MF is asking if its variable pitch ;)

Ross

juz

FPV pilot
Is this an MR with variable pitch props or a heli?

Quite an abrupt landing there I'd say, Juz. Methinks there followed a rebuild.

Not variable pitch. HT-FPV frame, NTM 1200kv motors, 25 A plush escs, CC3D FC. Quad was fine on "landing". I was sure I would find a wreck. It "landed" perfectly flat which must have spread the force of impact evenly on the frame. No damage! Flew again immediately.

Aeroxcraft

Not variable pitch. HT-FPV frame, NTM 1200kv motors, 25 A plush escs, CC3D FC. Quad was fine on "landing". I was sure I would find a wreck. It "landed" perfectly flat which must have spread the force of impact evenly on the frame. No damage! Flew again immediately.
That's great. You could do with some ESC with reverse on them. I wonder if anyone has tried that?

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I made this video of a very old medieval church the other day. Has a few wobbles due to my makeshift camera mount, and I achieved a dreamlike effect by (accidentally) having a thumb print on the lens. :) Nice church though.

Skysurf

Here is a short clip from yesterday that we shot with our new octo and stabilized with a Picloc 3X. I think we are getting closer with the Picloc.

/Jesper

Skysurf

Thanks Jeff.

Do you use 720p or 1080p? I am using CS5 and it only has a preset for 720p. Is this what you are using?

Thanks again,

Jesper

ssjheli

hi
I just shot a video today with my homebuild Hexa and homebuild gimble with a picloc.
http://youtu.be/HNG50st9-WY
it was just a test flight.
WKM wight 6,5 kg. 11 min flight time with a nex 5. the gimble will take a much larger camera like FS 100. i did a load test last week with a total of 9,1 kg that means a camera payload of 3,6 kg and got 9,5 min flight time.

Søren Jørgensen

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Here is a short clip from yesterday that we shot with our new octo and stabilized with a Picloc 3X. I think we are getting closer with the Picloc.

/Jesper

Jesper, I don't think you are getting closer, I think you have nailed it! Lovely smooth video, that is what everyone aims for. Well done.

Gunter.

daniel

hi, heres a video i did a few days ago, for a realtor.....

Hexacopter/nex5n/picloc 3x....

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Nice video daniel. May I ask if you have normal/portrait/standard settings and if you changed the setting of the contract/colour/sharpness.

I envy you, I can seem to find piclox3x

Macsgrafs

Impressive Daniel, as I was watching your video a thought went through my mind....when you were above those solar panels...what a bad place to have a power failure ;)
Well done mate, caught that place nicely.

Ross

daniel

hi,

the nex 5n i use it on standard , -1 saturation, -1 contrast, 0 sharpness..... and this time i didnt play with the color on post....

yep, i was a little worry when flying on top of those expensive solar panels, i was thinking in the hexa doing the Flip of death!!!!

thanks for your comments!