RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I made this film of a large abbey ruin the other day, conditions were perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

combatxe2

This is my attempt,
I have posted else where in the forum but only just discovered this thread.
Using a drift HD170 Stealth Camera solid mount to 330xs.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
About 25 miles north of York, just on the edge of the North York Moors.

Where is your video filmed, it looks almost totally deserted?

hugh4g

The other side from you mate... Yorkshire, Helmsley I think.. There is a fab walk around the abbey...about 3miles,

Hugh

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@ RCF
Where is your video filmed, it looks almost totally deserted?

Southport. it was very early morning!

@ Hugh4g it looks a bit like Bolton Abby which is on my list to do

Dave

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
@ RCF

Southport. it was very early morning!

@ Hugh4g it looks a bit like Bolton Abby which is on my list to do

Dave
Looks really good all empty, especially the bridge.
I was thinking of having a look at Bolton Abbey too, it's about halfway between me and you.

I put this video together today from stuff we did a few months ago as an example of what we could do later when they get more cars. This was shot a few months ago in my pre Wookong days. :) They're getting Ferraris and Caterhams soon, so I'll have a proper go at a video then.

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Nice work there Dave.I wondered when we would see some aerial of the bridge supports.Presume that was this weekend,even more impressive given the wind conditions the last few days.

Jonathon,do you need permission to fly at Riveleaux?

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Jonathon,do you need permission to fly at Riveleaux?
Well, when I got there it was closed, off season. But there was a guy making crafts in a little farmhouse on the grounds, I waved at him and said hello and he waved back and said hello then watched me fly around then waved goodbye when I left.

juz

FPV pilot
still exploring what is possible with coptercontrol. The sky's the limit =]

Av8Chuck

RCFlying, absolutely stunning. What camera did you use?

Its tough posting any video after that..

This was a tuning flight for a Hex and NAZA using a GoPro so there's really only two shots.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yo KB

I did it to try and show how the wmk handles the wind. As you can see on one of them I had a issue half way up the supports with a bit of ossilation. I could hear it from the ground but kept it going.. I need to investigate why but It has not done it since.. New Maytech arrived so I cant wait to swap the old esc's out.

@ Juz what can one say... ; ) can see why u have to sit down!.. Is it in freefall then inverted and does the CC board they and do anything like.... scream! AHHHHHHHH!

Dave

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
juz, that's fantastic flying, looks like great fun and scenery.

Av8Chuck, I'm using a Panasonic SD 800 at the moment. I think I was very lucky with the weather/light and zero wind and, of course, the location though it has left me wondering what to do next. :) I like seeing videos of people's houses and backyards etc in other countries, it's interesting to compare building styles and such.