RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Late this afternoon I was trying some different gain settings on the CineStar 6/WKM and decided to get one last flight in before it got dark. After the flight I looked at the video to see how well the GPS hold worked and how steady things were overall. I was quite surprised at what I had actually gotten on the video, here it is...

Oh, and by the way, the GPS hold worked pretty good on these gain settings!

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, nice sunset Ken! Beautiful work Jeff! I need to get out and practice so I can fly as smooth as you someday!

Here is a fun Fedex commercial we filmed on:

We did the sideways tracking shot through the trees, Hi panning shot in the forest, and the closing shot.

Tabb

Macsgrafs

Thats probably the smoothest video I have seen to date from an MR aircraft Ken, superb.
What FC are you running?

Ross

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Thats probably the smoothest video I have seen to date from an MR aircraft Ken, superb.
What FC are you running?

Ross

That's the DJI Wookong-m on a CineStar 6, I've got it working well but still trying for the "right" setup. It can be tempermental at times depending on the wind, not as smooth or stable as MikroKopter electronics yet. A great effort for a just released flight controller but they've got a ways to go before it can be depended on to get the shot every time. Some days it flys brilliant, others I feel like I'd get better results if I duct taped the camera to my KK quad!

Macsgrafs

That's the DJI Wookong-m on a CineStar 6, I've got it working well but still trying for the "right" setup. It can be tempermental at times depending on the wind, not as smooth or stable as MikroKopter electronics yet. A great effort for a just released flight controller but they've got a ways to go before it can be depended on to get the shot every time. Some days it flys brilliant, others I feel like I'd get better results if I duct taped the camera to my KK quad!

You've got working well...that's an understatement..its bloody brilliant. Ken I messed about with RC helis for 3 years & NEVER had anything that could compare!!!
if Mk comes half as near as that I will be happy.
The days when its not so clever have you ever recorded the atmospheric pressure for your area?

Ross

Nice work all!

Here is a test with the GoPro 2 at sunset.
We used 720 60P so I'm betting the 30P flavors should be cleaner.

Cheers,
Jeff

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nice work all!

Cheers,
Jeff
Aye Up Jeff what bird is that your flying?

Looks good footage from the GoPro2

Dave

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Late this afternoon I was trying some different gain settings on the CineStar 6/WKM and decided to get one last flight in before it got dark. After the flight I looked at the video to see how well the GPS hold worked and how steady things were overall. I was quite surprised at what I had actually gotten on the video, here it is...

Oh, and by the way, the GPS hold worked pretty good on these gain settings!

Ken

nice video footage Ken. whoever said a rigid frame multi-rotor helicopter will never produce good video results must be a bit taken aback by what is being posted here.
well done.
bart

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Nice work all!

Cheers,
Jeff

I can already see the difference between the GoPro 1 and 2 in low light. I have just done a quick video in low light and the colours aren't nearly as good as the 2.

Emowillcox

YEah Juz had me worried for a minute that he didn't put any cool song with his video. I always look forward to hearing what cool song he picked. Those flips and rolls are really cool in the video guess that is something Juz recently added.

The footage from the new gopro looks nice and seems to handle low light better then the first one. Wonder what kind of projects Jeff plans to use that GoPro 2 on?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
CineStar 6 at the Sheep Pasture

CineStar 6 frame, DJI Wookong-M flight controller, AXI 2814-22 motors, Graupner props, PhotoHigher AV130 camera mount, Sony NEX 5N camera

Recorded in Easton, Massachusetts 12-4-2011

Ken

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
CineStar 6 frame, DJI Wookong-M flight controller, AXI 2814-22 motors, Graupner props, PhotoHigher AV130 camera mount, Sony NEX 5N camera

Recorded in Easton, Massachusetts 12-4-2011

Ken

Thanks for the smooooth ride.Not many sheep though:shame: