gtranquilla

RadioActive
Hate to see that happen especially directly over pavement........Mr. Gravity is one legalistic SOB! QUOTE=kloner;113911]I guess, crashed it 3 times now, twice unbelievably hard and still haven't broke an arm, frame parts haven't been over $100 is parts yet.

That might not sound like a big deal sitting here talking about it but if you drove hours to get to a set to film and broke down, it's everything.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nothing fancy - just slapped gopro on trainer quad after 50% battery used, and went for a blast. Evening shot in Switzerland. Total flight time - around 18 mins.

Bit of an aggressive landing, and there's a freak out event at 56 seconds, which is as yet unexplained (APM 2.5 with 3.0.1rc1). Stopped to undo some previously-set trim at 3 minutes. Can't but feel my flying and video will really open up once I go FPV.

Tomvb

I have been a skateboarder for years so i decide to film my friend on his skateboard in the morning.

kloner

Aerial DP
I turned on altitude hold on a hoverfly pro....... later the same controller did a similar move but it was a skyjib into the ocean. needless to say, it's been put out of it's misery

tstrike

pendejo grande
later the same controller did a similar move but it was a skyjib into the ocean. needless to say, it's been put out of it's misery
I wanna see THAT movie!!! What camera was that going down the tracks and was the cam op trippin?
Tom, wonderful stuff, I know producer's who'd give their left nut for that last shot. What's your setup?

kloner

Aerial DP
it was a gh3, it was the first 50 mph run of our 3 axis brushless gimbal, we were trying to make it fail to find the weakness, turned out the skyjib motors were the worst off, that's another one you'd like to see. Flying shotgun with me aint easy

15crewdawg

I turned on altitude hold on a hoverfly pro....... later the same controller did a similar move but it was a skyjib into the ocean. needless to say, it's been put out of it's misery

OUCH! That gets expensive.

Tonyh - Looks like a cool place to fly.

kloner

Aerial DP
ever known me any other way?

that's what makes my sponsors an important breed

I was encouraged by a lot of participants to bring along my 800mm Hex c/w GoPro3 Black to get some aerial videos of the annual Rock Lake HPR - High Power Rocketry event....
Regretfully closeups of the rockets and pads was not allowed as a result one an overzealous intrepretation of the event regulations..... however the video work has helped to open some minds and future opportunities for more exciting AV work in the future.
Here are some AV shots of the camp site and launching areas as well as one brief long distance shot of a 10 foot carbon fiber rocket shooting "past the moon" to an antitude of approximately 20,000 feet AGL.
Ground shot here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF7zLXfoJ0o
AV Work here.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6f_MQ5vQoo

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Just a little something I put together as a sample for wedding ranch.
SFOC was filed and we're hopping they'll buy an actual shoot.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I was encouraged by a lot of participants to bring along my 800mm Hex c/w GoPro3 Black to get some aerial videos of the annual Rock Lake HPR - High Power Rocketry event....
Regretfully closeups of the rockets and pads was not allowed as a result one an overzealous intrepretation of the event regulations..... however the video work has helped to open some minds and future opportunities for more exciting AV work in the future.
Here are some AV shots of the camp site and launching areas as well as one brief long distance shot of a 10 foot carbon fiber rocket shooting "past the moon" to an antitude of approximately 20,000 feet AGL.
Ground shot here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF7zLXfoJ0o
AV Work here.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6f_MQ5vQoo

Very cool. Loved the rocket launch. Tim to put a cam on one of those rockets. :)