Fuwu

Aye Up Fuwu Welcome to MRF. What a great little video showing some very nice integration. Just love the contented look on the riders face.

Great stuff.

Tell us about your set up

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanx for the feedback, the setup is a pre ecilop kinda system with mt2814, graupners, openpilot, and a 550d on a home made camera mount ,ugly mount but did the job niceley:)

Cheers,
Fuwu

ROVguy

Well the F450 is a fair bit smaller and hence faster, however, I've yet to try the Hexa on 10" props.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Well if you go for the 10" switch to Graupners, don't chance the dji props. I use the 10" graupners on 4s 4500mAh and love them.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
This is a little film I put together at an abandoned farm near Ottawa.
This was just before the snow started falling, I really enjoyed playing around the silo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
A video from my facebook account.
I did this video back in August, this is one of the very first with my F550.
Same abandoned barn as the previous video.
[video=facebook;10151191409871095]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151191409871095&set=vb.587661094&typ e=3&theater[/video]

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
The dog-park behind my house.

The gimbal I'm using on the little hex is awful, and so when I was descending the hex kind of fluttered and the gimbal didn't do a good job getting that flutter out.
[video=facebook;10151496308816095]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151496308816095&set=o.52296276105570 9&type=2&theater[/video]

DennyR

2009 was a year when I had a lot of different ideas in the pipe and it was the first time that I was able to successfully apply footage from a UAV into a commercial production. The DVD Living by the Sea was put together from a whole bunch of multi format clips that were shot on the back of commercial jobs around the Island of Cyprus. For example the opening shot at Aphrodite Rock was done with a Arri 435 film camera. just imagine the problems of using a hundred foot of 35mm film for just 4 mins of shooting time. But many different platforms and acquisition systems were used. The UAV success started to come not with a multi rotor but a 3 meter motor glider. Today the TDR is the weapon of choice and opens up a new era. As a benchmark of what you can do with your MR footage the book and the DVD combo has sold more than 10,000 copies since that time. Part two shows that RC modeling is quite popular here. As aerial photography is basically not allowed without Army permission I don't promote the use of UAV operations ever. It slows down the inevitable advance of legislation.:tennis:

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
Sorry I should have posted with the original. and that you so much Explorocam.

This is a DJI F550
Gaui Crane II gimbal
GoPro Hero 3 1080p 60fps medium
edited in Sony Vegas pro 11 with post stabilization
handheld shots were with a Sony Nex 5n

I am waiting for the next generation of gimbals to come out so that I can get both cameras in the air. and some day be able to do the kind of work that Airbornemediapros is doing.

slowjett

Testing new frame in CO. Props unfortunately were not balanced and had some other issues.. here are some quick clips.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
nice work guys. Denny You are a true pioneer. Oddly enough, about 16 years ago, I had a business called powerglider making RC powered paragliders. we were making full size powered paraglider backpack frames and an adapter kit for floats on the cosmos. but ended up going RC. the first customer was a private investigator that asked if he could put a wireless camera in it. I said sure why not. Since that moment 60% of my sales were people wanting to put these 640x480 cameras in their paragliders. I think it's funny that I end up back in AP as it was completely coincidental. I believe that the majority of us are all tinkerers that are just magnetically drawn to these things. the best part of flying paragliders was that it got me into kitesurfing after buying a trainer wing to lift a panaflex(which never happened). I then started dragging down the beach everyday with the thing and pissed off a bunch of local kitesurfers. One day a kiter came up and told me that I was pretty good with that thing and should try kiting on the water. it has been 13 years since! And I met my wonderful wife kiting right in front of our house on the beach 7 years ago. So who knows what may come of these little videos we all post. one of us may be the next guy to be asked to shoot the new (Disney)Star Wars movie. BTW, supposed to have Mark hammil in it.