Show us what you shot.

This is an aerial view of a storage facility called Nord Sud (North South) in Québec, Canada. It was obviously taken a couple months ago (no snow...) and was put together with the raw footage of 2 flights of 10 minutes each. The sequence last 3 mins and will go on his Web site as aerial views. The joke at the very end is my creation, just couldn't help.... little challenge for U, it is written in French. Worth translating I believe (Ha! Ha!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsUIZaPBbT8

What do you think of it?

Did Nord Sud pay for that?

Of course not. The compagny belongs to a friend of a mutual friend. I told him that it is my hobby (I have a full time job) and, as such, I accepted to do a little promotional video for free. As you can see, I am not a professionnal video photographer.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert

Attachments

• DSCN5128.jpg
    DSCN5128.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 409
  • DSCN5127.jpg
    DSCN5127.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCN5139.jpg
    DSCN5139.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 357
  • DSCN5171.jpg
    DSCN5171.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCN5172.jpg
    DSCN5172.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN5208.jpg
    DSCN5208.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 188

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
This is an aerial view of a storage facility called Nord Sud (North South) in Québec, Canada. It was obviously taken a couple months ago (no snow...) and was put together with the raw footage of 2 flights of 10 minutes each. The sequence last 3 mins and will go on his Web site as aerial views. The joke at the very end is my creation, just couldn't help.... little challenge for U, it is written in French. Worth translating I believe (Ha! Ha!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsUIZaPBbT8

What do you think of it?

Wow, tell me about your camera setup. Obviously you are using a gryo stabilized gimbal of some type. What do you have for just your camera and stabilization? Looks very, very clean and your camera quality is exceptional.

Wow, tell me about your camera setup. Obviously you are using a gryo stabilized gimbal of some type. What do you have for just your camera and stabilization? Looks very, very clean and your camera quality is exceptional.

Ha! Ha! You are just too kind helloman. You have however touch my hart..... when I look at the nice sand by the beach your ship has landed in, it really touches my hart! I am looking at the weather channel every day to try to fly when the temperature is above -10 degrees and there is no SNOW storm...

You are too generous with your comments however, I am simply using a Gopro Hero 2, shooting 1080i at 30 FPS. I have selected the medium Field Of View (FOV) which is 127 degrees vs the usual wide view at 170 degrees. I find it has much less fish eye effect and looks more realistic. My 2 axis gimball system is simply a landing gear/camera holder X-468, plugged directly in the NAZA. It can be purchased for about $130.00. As for the stabilisation software, I do not have any, I simply use the free Youtube image stab they suggest to use after you download a video. It is a click yes affair... As you can see, nothing magic...

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Ha! Ha! You are just too kind helloman. You have however touch my hart..... when I look at the nice sand by the beach your ship has landed in, it really touches my hart! I am looking at the weather channel every day to try to fly when the temperature is above -10 degrees and there is no SNOW storm...

You are too generous with your comments however, I am simply using a Gopro Hero 2, shooting 1080i at 30 FPS. I have selected the medium Field Of View (FOV) which is 127 degrees vs the usual wide view at 170 degrees. I find it has much less fish eye effect and looks more realistic. My 2 axis gimball system is simply a landing gear/camera holder X-468, plugged directly in the NAZA. It can be purchased for about $130.00. As for the stabilisation software, I do not have any, I simply use the free Youtube image stab they suggest to use after you download a video. It is a click yes affair... As you can see, nothing magic...

Very nice shooting either way you look at it. I never use the YouTube stabilizer, feels like cheating :D I have no stabilization but that's intentional, it's a camera rig but I also fly sport in it so I like to be able to cut corners and fly fast too not just shoot video. Can't wait to go back to the sand pit and tear it up back there...there's a few trees that have challenged my flying skills.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Here is just a couple of videos I have shot... I am new to the Industry so please be gentle with the constructive criticism.... :nevreness:
https://vimeo.com/56639396
https://vimeo.com/54916189

Thanks

Is that video raw? Raw in the sense that it has not been artificially stabilized after it was taken? Very clean, very crystal clear...what did you use for the video editing software? Love the videos....

snurre

On the air now, on several swedish TV channels: Volkswagen Ski Team 2013, Passat Alltrack
Volkswagen Sweden is sponsoring the swedish national cross country ski team, hence the ski team participation in this commercial.
The footage was shot in Kall, close to Åre in mid Sweden. Temperatures between -15 and -20 degree Celcius.
It was great fun to be a part of this film team. All aerial shots by helivision.se
Rig:
Octacopter 1000 + Mega Radius 3 axis camera mount
Axi motors, CC ESC, 4S Nanotech 4*6000mAh
WKM flight controller
Sony CX740VE
Spectrum radio link

Enjoy! / Tomas

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
View attachment 11372

Was shooting a house yesterday and managed to get a shot with the neighborhood hawk as he swooped in to investigate the odd thing hovering in the front yard. My shutter release cable finally failed after 2+ yrs of use shortly after this shot but I'm very glad it hung in there just long enough. I've been trying to get a good hawk-in-shot shot for a while but they always seem to drift away and get lost in the background of the wide angle lens so this pic put a smile on my face.

Shot from an Aerdro XY8 w/ EOSc camera mount and my trustee T2i w/ 10-22 Canon lens.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_8186_MM.jpg
    1-IMG_8186_MM.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 334

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
View attachment 14472

Was shooting a house yesterday and managed to get a shot with the neighborhood hawk as he swooped in to investigate the odd thing hovering in the front yard. My shutter release cable finally failed after 2+ yrs of use shortly after this shot but I'm very glad it hung in there long enough to get this shot. I've been trying to get a good hawk-in-shot shot for a while but they always seem to drift away and get lost in the background of the wide angle lens so this pic put a smile on my face.

Shot from an Aerdro XY8 w/ EOSc camera mount and my trustee T2i w/ 10-22 Canon lens.

The house looks photoshop'ed in lol crazy... Cool hawk shot

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Nice hawk, nice house. :) I agree with helloman, the house does look weird somehow, like it's been cut out/out of place. Are those oblong windows really that shape and not round?

StarterH

Rotor Junkie

Attachments

• Hexa 001.jpg
    Hexa 001.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Church.jpg
    Church.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 222