Secraft SE Retracting Landing Gear

Oylore

I have the new S800 Secraft SE retracts with the Hitec HS-7954 SH servos.

When I power on my S800 the retracts jumps back and forth until they strabilises in down position. This is occasionally.
I have tryed with BEC and without BEC (direct from RX).
Retracts do this even when they are only connected to the BEC and not connected to the RX

I use an Spektrum DX18 TX and AR9020 DSMX/XPlus RX. Endpoint set to 150 (down) and 80 (up).

Are there any good suggestions for fixing?

I´m been looking to:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snubber
or
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_capacitor
or
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8833__turnigy_receiver_controlled_switch_.html
or
manual swtich
or
?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I have the new S800 Secraft SE retracts with the Hitec HS-7954 SH servos...

This is precisely what mine were doing at times, when and if they worked at all. There is a four second safety delay built in so that if the retracts have not completed their raising cycle within that time they are then locked into the down position and will require recalibrating to get them to move again.

I also tried separate BEC etc, etc, but in the end the only thing that fixed mine was replacing them. You may well have no option but to do the same. Of course DJI will make a big song and dance about it, asking for video evidence and such. They now truly hate me for all the truths I relate here on MRF. They have even told one dealer not to sell anything to me anymore - all because I complain when they sell me gear that doesn't work and they don't want to replace it.

Anyway, keep hounding them and make the ba$tards cough up - and make sure you lay it all out right here to embarrass them further. MAYBE, one day they will finally get it and start behaving properly.

I have completed a couple of projects recently and I think (fingers crossed, touch wood etc.) my S800 rig is OK now - finally!!!! A lot of things have been replaced, upgraded* or changed from the originally supplied kit but now, seven and a half months later, it is producing reliable and repeatable results.

As I am quite capable of offering praise as well as damnation I will say that when the S800 rig is working, it works really well. It just takes a lot more determination, persistence and extra money than it should.

* DJI-speek for making you pay for a replacement for a component that they publicly admit to having been poorly designed or inadequate for the purpose that any reputable manufacturer would replace under the guarantee.

Oylore

This is precisely what mine were doing at times, when and if they worked at all. There is a four second safety delay built in so that if the retracts have not completed their raising cycle within that time they are then locked into the down position and will require

woww.

May be I have posted on wrong thread? I´m writhing about Secraft SE retracts for the S800.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Whoops! My mistake.

Well it so happens that I previously had the Secraft S800 retracts and yes, they did this. When power was applied they would often activate briefly - which of course is highly undesirable if you have an expensive Zenmuse waiting to hit the ground every time you connect the main LiPo.

What I had to do was use a small Tx operated remote switch so that power could be applied to the retracts AFTER taking off from the ground. If you do not have a spare channel available you can always piggy-back on another channel to operate the remote switch with a Y-lead.

kloner

Aerial DP
it's not from the way the failsafe in the receiver is set? when you power a radio, esp jr/spek love to cycle through failsafe then connected like on a plane or heli with servos, not set right makes swashes jump or ailerons to wag before centering

Oylore

it's not from the way the failsafe in the receiver is set? when you power a radio, esp jr/spek love to cycle through failsafe then connected like on a plane or heli with servos, not set right makes swashes jump or ailerons to wag before centering

Thank you!

I made an other filesafe. It looks ok. Have to test it a bit more outside and full riged.

Bugilt

We had purchased the v1 SE retracts from Secraft in Dec of last year. They worked well until June of this year. They started to have trouble retracting 100%. They would go 80% - 90% of the way up then stop. I took them apart and tried to fix the issue. I didn't see anything of concern, but cleaned them and lubed them and put it back together. The issue was still there, but we dealt with it by descending while retracting. Which allowed them to retract fully. In Aug they stopped working fully and burnt up the BEC. I took them apart again and could see anything wrong. I installed a new BEC and they didn't work at all. I contacted Secraft. They responded a day after and asked for a "photo mail" I sent them an email with photos of the retracts. I still haven't heard anything back from them and have sent them several more emails. I hope they respond to the forums better than emails. We have been flying without gear since the gear broke and hand retrieving the s800.

stpfl

it seems they still have problems with the newest pro version!
I ordered secraft retracts pro and look at the video!
It seems they are working abnormal..
anybody had something similar with the pro version??
very craggy/wobble by retracting the gear down.
i sent the retracts back to secraft.
Support is also very slow to me. No answer till yet

i tried it from a voltage range of 5V-8,4V with no difference!

http://youtu.be/McCgZAJR-to

hifidiaries

Hey guys! Building my own frame and the only way to mount the V3's is upside down. So when the legs are retracted, it's straight, or in the Landing position, or when they are down, they are in the "up" position. Obviously they wobble quite a bit when up, since the o-rings aren't engaged... Any ideas on how to get rid of the wobble?