S800 retractable landing gear

vislaw

I'm glad to hear that all is well, I just get a bit tweaked when I see a lot of money being spent on gimmicks that could be better spent elsewhere on stuff that will get you a better return. You are right that my techniques are more geared to flying Helis. Thats the main reason that I use them. It is so much easier to see the line of the tail boom than looking at a Hexa when you are flying backwards etc. When I was flying the S800 I needed that u/c to see where it was headed. FWIW I shortened the front skids and ran with the camera further forward.

Indeed. Wish I lived next to you as I would have learned a lot of stuff from watching instead of through hard knocks. By the way, forty years ago we hosted a foreign exchange student from Limmasol who has become a part of our family and a true brother to me. I hope to come visit him before too long. Hopefully, I can come meet you and watch you fly when I make it over to your beautiful island.

DennyR

Right now it's not so beautiful, wet windy and cold. But in July the heat will be unbearable. I am currently in Limassol but like going over to the dark side, also known as the North. The Turkish side is wonderful but the economy is worse even than here. If you want to make great images then you have to get in front of great places, and you can definitely do that over there. I was due to start shooting a documentary in Libya but a week later the war broke out. I since learned that all of the equipment including 3 - 8 wheeler trucks survived in Tripoli. So its back on again. I should have been preparing to leave next month to start over but it looks like I will be spending my 70th birthday in a hospital bed having a stomach op. I still hope to get out there later in the year. It just has to be done.

Berleen0

Today am here to ask something realting to your topic which is that What is the Weight difference to the std gear? if anyone know here than post here good answers i will appreciate him on this sharing.....?