S800 retractable landing gear

HEX junky

I'm using a Futaba 18MZ, so no problem. However, I'm now going over to two man operation because it's going to be easier to manage for video shooting.

Digitech

you can set endpoints so no problem there

we will sell them without original DJI servo,s but offer a package JR servos HV metal gear and Bruschless for 125 euros (incl 21% tax).
i used to fly all my Jets with these
the DJI Gear costs 629 euros (incl 21% tax)
however if you purchased your zenmuse or s800 from us we give another 50% discount on the servo package! best deal ever?

Digitech

i asked the same question
now they will deliver the s800 with standard gear
and the Retracts are sold seperatly..
we get 30 sets next week , and taking pre orders also :)

HEX junky

I think you could be wrong!!! I will check this tomorrow when they're in the office??? As I see it they come with the servos fitted + they offer the servos on their own as spares.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digitech

ok so all the info i got as a dealer is wrong...... :livid:
even the manual clearly shows you how to install the servo,s.
anyway i am a strong JR fan , thus the servos we will use have a pick up mah of max 510 and a rest mah of 40..
sound good for me.

HEX junky

The servo power is turned off 3 seconds after reaching the end position, so current draw isn't an issue. It has a clever controller fitted. The manual shows how to fit the servos incase you need to change one.

We will check with DJI tomorrow, I bet you a beer :nevreness:

Digitech

yes true but while retracting using a servo that can take up to 2500mah is not a real good idea when its stuck.
anyway the setup is good
dji sells them seperatly , the Retract set and the Servo pack to the dealers.
there are more dealers that offer them now as a combo package.
and with a hundred euro,s difference i can drink a lot of Kolsch :)

Digitech

Futaba reminds of one of those Japanese speaking and self cleaning toilets.
"in the middle its all **** and is surrounded by many wonderfull dials and buttons " :highly_amused:

no offence...... :)

HEX junky

Sandor..you owe me a large dunkel beer :tennis:

The retractable landing gear comes with the servos already fitted. The servos are pre-programmed for end point adjustment, you can not do this via the TX (due to the clever control PCB). The retracts will ONLY be supplied with servos. The control PCB also monitors for over current, so this is no issue here either.

DJI will issue a clearer notice to dealers today.

BTW..For a few years I used a JR12 until I saw the error of my ways!! Futaba is much better suited to my 1/4 scale turbine helis and 1/3 scale gliders. In my opinion there is no comparison..Futaba rules..and I've been flying RC for over 35 years!! However, I only use JR servos :tennis:

Digitech

well they did make a new statement this morning.
now we have to take them with the servo,s pre installed....
so yesterday you where wrong , this morning you are right.
this basicly means we all have to pay more.
but customers who bought from us and paid allready will still get it for the price agreed of yesterday

HEX junky

???? what are you reading? I was 100% correct yesterday. Nothing has changed, DJI have just made it clearer for the individuals that didn't understand it :tennis:

Digitech

well next time DJI send me a email i will make sure that i aks you first on what is right.
now its 200 more expensive for 2 hitec servo,s :)

Bigrock

Do you think we could lower the servo travel a little in the radio with this auto calibrate thing they have on here?
I am wanting to add these to my flat hexa but it looks like these will hit the arms when retracted. I hope we can lower the end point a little bit.