S800 retractable landing gear

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
one of you have a clue if these retracts will be perfectly horizontal once up or will they go fourth like a V form. Just wanted to send off my parts for the CX8 X4 conversion and now I am getting scared the s800 landinggear good touch my lower props. IN die Video it looks like the end in a V form.

Thanks

Boris

ChrisViperM

I guess since it is only driven by servos, you should be able to adjust the travel endpoints...unless there is some other little "electronic intelligence" involved, but looking at the image there are just two servo cables and the power cable....but maybe they have a little end-point switch in the hinge. Strange thing is that you won't find any infos or manual at the DJI web-site

Chris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
View attachment 7736remember this pic from one of the fairs. The one in the video looks like raw Alu thus probably a prototype.
Not sure in the pic of the landing gear is all the way up or not. Hmm maybe i should what before i waste 300 Euros on carbon parts
that i can throw away if it snaps up higher.

Boris

Attachments

• 190944_501984843163350_1864502196_o.jpg
    190944_501984843163350_1864502196_o.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 268

ChrisViperM

At least it must have some sort of locking device in the "down" position, otherwise the whole weight will be on the servos to hold the legs in position....and then the legs will look like this:

View attachment 7737

Chris

Attachments

• 11074143.jpg
    11074143.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 350

HEX junky

The retracts come with 2 HV servos fitted and a very small neat controller that automatically calibrates the end point and also switches servo power off after 3 seconds of reaching the end position. If it senses a high servo current while retracting then it will lower the legs again. Also, if you switch it on with the TX switch set to retract..it won't retract..nice safety feature.

in the retract position, they are slightly upward (very slight V)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
HEX thanks, you already have one ? If so can you give an approx what the angle is of the slight V. Measured from a horizontal line up.

plingboot

wonder if they are going to have a complete build with these included…

i've been holding off for weeks on my S800/zenmuse purchase.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I am positive they will make a package. Why would one want to buy a S800 with a standard landing gear and additionally but the retracts.

fritz99

There is a big general problem :

There are already not enough channels for S800 and Zenmuse complete.
What are your channel assignments for S800, Zenmuse and now also landig gear ?

Fritz