S800 alternative props

DennyR

Today I pretty much confirmed that the FOD is a function of MC processor overload. In a series of controlled experiments I was able to replicate the flip at will by constantly switching the GPS marker switch with the model semi tied down.

jes1111

That could be overload or it could be a memory leak that's fed by performing that particular operation - I'd suspect the latter.

ChrisViperM

I was able to replicate the flip at will by constantly switching the GPS marker switch with the model semi tied down.

Do you mean by changing the position of the switch where you change Manual, Atti hold, GPS hold....?...and if so, does it happen when you switch rapidly between the modes, or just normal switching ....????

Thanks

PS: If this is reproducable at will, I can't imagine that the guys at DJI don't know about it.....and then they better get their act together FAST.....and if that can only be done by changing the hardware, they got the hell of problem.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Think that denny is referring to setting the gps marker with your radio for the autonomous circling around an object feature ! Setting the market a couple time resulted in the FOD behavior.

Boris

DennyR

Think that denny is referring to setting the gps marker with your radio for the autonomous circling around an object feature ! Setting the market a couple time resulted in the FOD behavior.

Boris

Thats right, But a lot more than just a couple of times. What it proves to me is that it is not related to other areas that have been discussed here and at RCG. It is something like when a gyro saturates and the system goes into a reboot. My personal view is that we just don't need all of these fancy features.

I did not see any problems in the air during normal control inputs. (5.14)

I am of the opinion that this problem was just with 5,12 and was connected to the return to home coding. Other issues with different versions were just random unexplained general faults that could have occurred to any system.

Will this gyro saturation theory explain that in windy and gusty day , flying in Atti mode, I almost lose control of S800. switch to manual mode had me regain control of S800?

DennyR

Today I flew a few flights with the S800 and ran some tests again (vid. to follow) I tried those 14x4.7 APC's again as I managed to damage a graupner in the car. I like these props. it ran as smooth as silk. No white flashes and the system was none the worse for wear after the FOD testing. I would say that 5.14 is as safe as anything else in the sky. The whole package is working fantastically well.
We have to congratulate DJI on what they have now achieved (albeit with with a little help).:apathy:

FerdinandK

@Denny

Rule #1, always order more props than you have motors on your copter.

Rule #2, always check the props before your close the doors of your car, a part of the prop might still be outside :D

best regards

Ferdinand

snurre

Thats right, But a lot more than just a couple of times. What it proves to me is that it is not related to other areas that have been discussed here and at RCG. It is something like when a gyro saturates and the system goes into a reboot. My personal view is that we just don't need all of these fancy features.

I did not see any problems in the air during normal control inputs. (5.14)

I am of the opinion that this problem was just with 5,12 and was connected to the return to home coding. Other issues with different versions were just random unexplained general faults that could have occurred to any system.

Denny, what current WKM feature do you consider as fancy, and thereby superfluous?
/ Tomas

DennyR

@snurre Call me old fashioned but I don't have any need for coming home circle etc. I just fly in atti. mode and keep an eye on my telemetry battery warning (Spectrum) sometimes I use GPS but when I am making a specific camera move I don't want it trying to hold a position. Keep it simple is my moto. Too many switches to make a big mistake is what I don't like.
I do also use a pretty hot heli which gives me a better orientation at distance and with the latest flybarless stuff its got a great position hold. S800 or heli they are both great and can do the job. The Zen is de rigour in my book.

FWIW Skookum seem to be joining the FC market with the 720 that now has GPS and a multirotor function as well. They are now using Silicon Sensing's Pinpoint gyros which have gained popularity with Futaba, who know a thing or two about gyros. You can find the Silicon Sensing gyros in the famous Segway which has a very clever redundancy array.

As of tonight I will be fully up to date with all adapter orders. Just sit tight they will be with you soon. Having exhausted the Islands supply of 3x8mm cap screws. I finally found some more hiding in the stainless box so you lucky guys are going to get stainless steel cap screws in this last batch.....

toberal

Attachments

• h6.JPG
    h6.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 368
  • h1.JPG
    h1.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 294
  • h7.JPG
    h7.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 277

DennyR

@Denny

Rule #1, always order more props than you have motors on your copter.

Rule #2, always check the props before your close the doors of your car, a part of the prop might still be outside :D

best regards

Ferdinand

I ran over a pot hole and everything got thrown up in the air. Must drive slower.... but it did get me thinking APC again!!!