KW8 Motors

Pablo74

Hi everyone, I would like to switch from axi 2814/22 to KW8 a droidworx
the weight of the V8 is about 7000gr
I know how to give some information on these engines?
Thanks to all
Best Regards

rsun

I just tryed them out on my Skyjib and 5s. The wight is 7,5 kg.

You will need some 60 amp ESC on it.

But great engines.

3dheliguy

These kopter worx motors or KW 8 motors are Tiger motors, so why would sacrifice axis for tigers... I think almost everybody in here know axis and swear buy them, hope you have done your research... I was thinking the same thing cuz I'm a noobie to Multis, but if everybody and there Mom runs Axis there might be a good reason to keep running them unless you want to likt heavier in witch case there are AXI 2826.

I'm not going to lie I was considering them, but not because they they are better, but because I'm running a Cinestar Frame, the Cinestar motor plate is based around Tiger motors or Quadrocopter 3328, witch is a rebranded tiger with some slight mods to make it more efficient I guess. It's all advertisement.

Tryed and true wins the day in my opinion.

Pablo74

I just tryed them out on my Skyjib and 5s. The wight is 7,5 kg.

You will need some 60 amp ESC on it.

But great engines.

Hi well good news,
the diameter of the plates KW8 there is engine 40 is not it?
My esc flyfun 60A opto,
i fly with 2x4s 5000 goldpower 40c/70c
even if they are not real, but they are very good lipo.
The difference is definitely the 6s

Pablo74

These kopter worx motors or KW 8 motors are Tiger motors, so why would sacrifice axis for tigers... I think almost everybody in here know axis and swear buy them, hope you have done your research... I was thinking the same thing cuz I'm a noobie to Multis, but if everybody and there Mom runs Axis there might be a good reason to keep running them unless you want to likt heavier in witch case there are AXI 2826.

I'm not going to lie I was considering them, but not because they they are better, but because I'm running a Cinestar Frame, the Cinestar motor plate is based around Tiger motors or Quadrocopter 3328, witch is a rebranded tiger with some slight mods to make it more efficient I guess. It's all advertisement.

I now I just had a bad impression for axi unfortunately: (
mounted on the frame droidworx I found too many twists on the arms with propellers 13x6.5 and 13x4
also causing damage to the boom.
Obviously propellers balanced.
not to mention a broken tree, the case has left me in the air: (

link a video of the problems I am experiencing more of arms

Last edited by a moderator:

3dheliguy

Hmm that's interesting sounds like you might have had some bad luck... Well I hope those tiger motors work for ya. Just so I'm sure you know this but any hobby shop will take those motors back as, and mark the RTV, and you will get another one no problem. Unless there crapy place in witch case they tell you to get lost. Had my share of those in the hobby community.

krleas

FPV Freak

Heliguy yes Tiger makes them for us, but there is difference, some modifications, differente RPM, ...
Try it and compare them with AXI and at the end u will see what u will use.

U will be surprised how many AXI users switched to our KW8 not to mention our KW10 new killers :)

3dheliguy

I fully understand krleas... And I have checked your specs they are modified motors for sure, as per the liking of your Multis... And I have no doubt that these are better than most tiger motors, but all I was thinking about was a manufacturing standpoint. I can see what you have done with similarity to Quadrocopter. Im just am not a fan of Chinese manufacturing.

But I will say that there is no harm in testing this motor for myself, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised if the outcome is very good. I'm not a pro in the MR world, but I have been around the Heli industry for awhile, and I can say that typically Chinese manufacturing is not on par with German, or European designed motors from many standpoints.

I really don't want to get into to much detail, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking. I would loved to be proven wrong, I just cant afford to test these motors, and since I live in the US, it makes it a bit more expensive to give it s try.

I say tried and true because I firmly believe in this, and I have punished so many motors in my 3D endeavors and there has been only two or three motors that have stood the test of time and punishment. Those were basically only two companies Kontronics drives in Germany, and Scorpion motors in china, but the scorpions ran a lot hotter, and I have had more problems with them then Kontronics. If these motors went given to me for testing than would have never bought a the scorpion motor, and only have bought German engineered and manufactured products... What can I say they they are just quality. If you come from helis at all you will probably understand what I'm talking about, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and try to test these motors for myself.

Pablo74

Heliguy yes Tiger makes them for us, but there is difference, some modifications, differente RPM, ...
Try it and compare them with AXI and at the end u will see what u will use.

U will be surprised how many AXI users switched to our KW8 not to mention our KW10 new killers :)

Hi, I think that the axi motors are great just that I've had this misadventure and it bothered me a lot.
The choice falls on KW8 value for "hope" price because it should take 9 units, and having a diameter equal to the axi advantage of the same dish motor 40mm.
One thing I really do not understand, when you put the KW10 because you have changed the specifications of trust engine KW8 from 3200gr to 2700gr now and Kw10 now from 3000 to 3300gr.
thanks
Have a nice day.

il_capo

Hi, I think that the axi motors are great just that I've had this misadventure and it bothered me a lot.
The choice falls on KW8 value for "hope" price because it should take 9 units, and having a diameter equal to the axi advantage of the same dish motor 40mm.
One thing I really do not understand, when you put the KW10 because you have changed the specifications of trust engine KW8 from 3200gr to 2700gr now and Kw10 now from 3000 to 3300gr.
thanks
Have a nice day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DzwX_fLNxM&list=UUU5NAEHNWV5hE9ju7QQJARg&index=2&feature=plcp

kw8 are 3.3 kg thrust too!

Lanzar

thanks
Have a nice day.

Well since diferent result is given on diferent prop. Kw10 can go up to 4kg with 17inch.
I hope we can next time putt same videos with props so we can put the info under specification.
Easyer for buyers to decide on props then.

3dheliguy

Well since diferent result is given on diferent prop. Kw10 can go up to 4kg with 17inch.
I hope we can next time putt same videos with props so we can put the info under specification.
Easyer for buyers to decide on props then.

Now if only I could fly these.