Running 2 5.8ghz txs simultaneously

Macsgrafs

Umphf.....I think I get the idea behind this magic Multiplexer, but to me (total noob concerning electrical circuits) it looks like just a key element - similar to a CPU - to the solution. But to make it work wouldn't you also need a circuit board, resistors, switches and similar stuff.....?

Chris

Of course Chris, but the chip has much of this onboard already! If I get time I will knock up a circuit & give it a try & if succesful, as I hope it will be, then I will market it.

Ross

ChrisViperM

1) If you know how to make something like this, I will call you "Sir Macsgrafs" from now on.....:tennis: I know my stuff about LiPo's, Esc's and all the basic stuff....but anything on a circuit board cracks my brain up.

2) You got a customer already....it's me

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

No worries guys, I will look a lot further into this as I can see some serious MR use. At the moment I'm nearly finished with my SJ8 retracts & my tiny quad build, then I'll get right onto it...fingers crossed ;)

Ross

Check out FPVLAB, specifically sircana's dual 5.8ghz Vtx on board diversity package.

Basically he has used the duo5800 from immersionRC and turned it into two separate receivers operating on different ends of the 5.8 range.

He then used two transmitters on board, transmitting the same video. With additional diversity, he had a rock solid 5.8 link for fpv flying.

His setup is simple and could be adapted to your requirements. It does not require LHCP and RHCP.

Hope this helps.

tombrown1

Check out FPVLAB, specifically sircana's dual 5.8ghz Vtx on board diversity package.

Basically he has used the duo5800 from immersionRC and turned it into two separate receivers operating on different ends of the 5.8 range.

He then used two transmitters on board, transmitting the same video. With additional diversity, he had a rock solid 5.8 link for fpv flying.

His setup is simple and could be adapted to your requirements. It does not require LHCP and RHCP.

Hope this helps.

Interesting. I'm trying to work with two video feeds though. One for camera downlink and one for fpv. I'd like to run these two different feeds on each end of 5.8.

kloner

Aerial DP
that would be a par of unos instead of his moddified duo. I fly with a swarm of guys on this and i use it to broadcast in the pits. We've had ch1, ch4 and ch8 all going at the same time, but sometimes that ch1 guy stands over me and it messes up my feed just a tad. I'd still use airwave and not an airwave like immersion and a boss or the like. there totaly different technologies and i would think would have even less affect on eachother

In my example I cited two transmitters with the same cam, but a second cam could be used just as easily. With a ground based video switch you could choose which feed to monitor.