Retract wiring

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I'm repairing the landing gear on a large X8 and have a new set of Foxtech Pivots to install. The builder had the retracts plugged directly into the receiver, which I DON'T like.

What's the preferred method? The retracts have typical receiver plugs on them; I'm assuming I should solder a BEC into my PDB (5v?) but I'm not sure how to run the wiring. I could use a diagram... soldering is no problem but electronics aren't my strong suit :upset:

kloner

Aerial DP
the red and black go to a bec, signal goes to the rx or flight controller pass through/retract channel.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
the red and black go to a bec, signal goes to the rx or flight controller pass through/retract channel.

Thanks! Pretty much what I had figured out but I needed confirmation. BTW, partly thanks to your PM we have a MoVi on the way :tennis:

kloner

Aerial DP
from an fpv standpoint there noisy and make problems with video/rc.... there so high of amperage..... you only need a couple amps at most = lower noise = better fpv performance

Old Man

MadMonkey

I'm impressed, it only took telling you twice about the Movi for you to go that direction:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk