Raw aerial at an event rehearsal

jforkner

Sean,

In browsing your list of threads and reading through a few things become apparent to me…

• You did very little research prior to jumping into this hobby.
  • You want the benefits of doing AP without taking the time or effort to learn properly.
  • You want instant gratification and are not willing to “ease” into the endeavor.
  • You have more money than common sense.
  • You want someone else to make all the decisions for you.
  • You appear to be in a hurry to attain your goal without “paying your dues.”

Three weeks ago you were seeking advice on what to buy. You set your sights on where you wanted to end up without regard to how to get there. Rather than work your way up to a high-end piece of equipment, you leaped over all the obvious “beginner” choices and went straight for the final option. You then spent the next couple of weeks trying to figure out what you had and how to make it work. And finally, with less than a week’s experience, you signup to take video around people and horses in a covered arena. What were you thinking?

For a 15-year-old, I find this scenario understandable. For someone your age (based on your profile information), I find it irresponsible. In spite of all the precautions you say you took prior to the event, your lack of experience and understanding of your equipment should have been obvious to you, and you should have declined the offer. Horses, by their very nature, can be skittish and frighten easily. Couple that with a bunch of people running around in an enclosed area, and you have an environment in which only an experienced pilot should attempt to fly. The fact you can’t see that only reinforces my allegations.

While your ultimate goal is admirable, you need to go back to the drawing board, do some more research, and find a way you can ease into this hobby. There is enough attention being drawn to drones and UAVs about their place in our airspace without reading about some out-of-control multicopter crashing into or around people or animals.

If, on the other hand, you do not have the time or the willingness to slowdown and work your way into what you want to achieve, perhaps you should consider another hobby.

Jack

hexa

Well the good news is he has a fat wallet that means he should have only high end stuff in his setup. Only the best will do for guys with lots of money.

The more money a man has the faster he will learn. More money a man has the faster they can make friends.
Try hooking up with a multirotor guru in Cali so they can show you the ropes first hand. Tons of them on here.

Enjoy the Cali hot sun. It's cold like hell here in Scotland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DennyR

Sean

If you have plenty of money we should talk. When it comes to learning how to become a pro shooter the fast and safe way.... I make peoples dreams come true.:tennis:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sean

If you have plenty of money we should talk. When it comes to learning how to become a pro shooter the fast and safe way.... I make peoples dreams come true.:tennis:

Quality Denny quality!

If I fly over with a couple of bottles of newky brown will you give me an hour! ;-)

OR we could swap skills you teach me to fly in paradise and Ill remind you what flying in Blighty is all about!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
And this is why the FAA has issues with ALL of us doing this. I'm not gonna pick on you Sean but this is a good example of many we have seen on this forum of why this hobby is under fire. It's like buying a gun or giving a drivers license to 75 year old women. People rarely possess the discipline to do the right thing. Our lizard brain takes over and listens to impulse. and in the end we all pay for it.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Sean

Those are the exact words a hooker told me in Vegas once...

nicwilke

• You did very little research prior to jumping into this hobby.
  • You want the benefits of doing AP without taking the time or effort to learn properly.
  • You want instant gratification and are not willing to “ease” into the endeavor.
  • You have more money than common sense.
  • You want someone else to make all the decisions for you.
  • You appear to be in a hurry to attain your goal without “paying your dues.”

All of us here are to blame for this. We create these awesome visual spectaculars with brilliant show-reels, sample footages, photos and projects, yet we come down hard on the ones that are in awe of our work and try to copy us. Some people get excited and do jump in quick. Instead of cutting this bloke down, we should be trying to slow him down. He's clearly here for advice and help. I dont care how much money people have or haven't got, this industry is for all of us, beginner and pros side by side. Yes, Sean has done some dumb ****, but hey, he's learned a lesson and we can assist in helping another one take the rite track with this. Like Jack mentioned above, there's an attention drawn to UAV's now that we all must handle with respect before we all get shut down, globally for stupid use of these cool machines.
Take this idiot:
He's doing us no favors.
Sean, if I can give you some advice, take a deep breath, take the criticism on the chin, rebuild and get flying again. This time, take note of safety and regulations, learn from your mistakes and progress slowly. Listen to all of the advice.

Last edited by a moderator: