question to all wkm users out there

rolle

hi,

i use wkm since 1 year, flying two cinestar 8 3-axis systems with wookong.

please could you take a look at your IMU after powering up?

there is a LED light inside the IMU wich is blinking 9 times in a loop.

could you post here how it is blinking with your setup?
(1 time red and 8 times green, 9 times green or 2 times green, one time red and 6 times green for example)

and could you post your setup? and how you power up wkm?

thank you!!!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
It should be solid Red.

Instructions say 'Error occurred during firmware upgrade, MC reboot is required."

Powered by WKM PMU on all

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

rolle

It should be solid Red.

Powered by WKM PMU on all

Dave

no - not the MC - the IMU (the LED is inside the box)

and where is the PMU connected? (for example with a herkules ESC you can connect it to the VBAT-OUT of the herkules).
one or two batteries?

thank you!!
Rolle

rolle

yeah - inside the IMU - you can see it on the right side of the box. the red light (if you have any) should be brighter than the green ones. but you can see it (may check inside in darker ambience)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmm just checked on my S800 full setup zen etc. I get nine green flashes no red. On my X8 conversion which is not flying yet i get green flashes and one red. The number of green i have to check on though i just remember !

Boris

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Never noticed it before but 9 green flashes NO red lights.

I am on standard ESC's

Dave

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmmm just found a old post of mine concerning this LED in the IMU.

"
I just checked on mine. Dont worry about it. Mine does the same thing and a flew mine inside a couple times ( the small quad) without any issues. Guess its just a status light.

Beginning flashes green red green and than switches to only green flashes.

Boris

"

So i guess is changes after some time what it really indictes i haven't seen answered anywhere up to now !

Boris

rolle

okay - here it is... from where do you power up the system with the red light? can you count on wich position the red light is?

herkules iii?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay - here it is... from where do you power up the system with the red light? can you count on wich position the red light is?

herkules iii?

Wait i will hook up the system although i don't understand your question " from where do you power the system ? "

rolle

and do you get the red light in the first loop and then 9 green lights in a loop or do you get the one red light in every loop?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay my x8 blink two times green than once red and than 6 times green again, 9 altogether !

Red in every loop

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
PMU gets power directly from the hercules 3, from two cables that are soldered onto the Lipos cables. PMU powers the rest of the system.

S800 PMU is hooked up to the distribution were also the single escs get their power from.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I have a second setup wieh Herk2 though if you tell me what this is all about and what you are speculating on you might geht me interested and I will power up the third system to check it out !

Boris