Quad crashes into lake and keeps going!!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
unbelievable footage. first the crash, then the quad continues to function and flops around in the water before regaining control and flying out!! spectacular!! but could the feat be repeated??

here's the footage

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Glad to see at least one person enjoyed it! I posted it to RCG and got bashed as a spammer! Oh well, some things never change.

I added the lake scene at the last second because the text alone seemed boring.

live and learn.

Bart

Mactadpole

Hey, Bart. I thought it was creative! Not everyone likes everybody else's style of creativity.

I tried to come to your defense a bit over on RCG. What a bunch of haters! Guess that's why I don't go there unless I have to these days. Much more chill here.

Thanks, Shawn

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I am highly offended by this misleading post. I think I will go join RCG where there are serious, down to earth professionals! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

I posted the contest information at AP Landing and they deleted it. I don't understand people that try to impose censorship on their members and pretend that other sites don't exist. MK.us did it, RCU did it, and now we can add APlanding.com to the list of sites that think their members want to be treated like children.

oh well.
bart

DennyR

That was great.....You could also try DIYDrones they seem to have a much more open mind and 22.000 members.

ChrisViperM

Glad to see at least one person enjoyed it! I posted it to RCG and got bashed as a spammer! Oh well, some things never change.

I added the lake scene at the last second because the text alone seemed boring.

live and learn.

Bart

Without trying to sound clever, but this post is so cool BUT hard to find. I only found it cause it was in the "Active Threds" shortly after you posted it. One hour later I wanted to see other guys reactions and could not find it anymore (now I know it's under "MRC Photo/Video section)...maybe you can make this post showing up permanently under "Active Threds"

...just looked at the video and still think it's brilliant...

Chris

Bartman

THanks again Chris.

I am unhappy to announce that RCgroups has pulled the contest thread because it was an unauthorized contest announcement. i'm not sure what's going on in the world but the world of RC flrums sites is really screwed up. People don't seem to mind though because even when you offer people an option, they treat you with scorn. I can't even log in to RCUniverse this morning.

WHat do you guys think of adding a forum here titled, "RC Other" for anyone that wants to post non-multi-rotor stuff? I can rig it so it wouldn't show up in the Active Threads area. I"m just kinda sick of the other forums areas lately (and you guys rock, of course).

Bart

hjls3

Bart I would love that. I have, more than once, thought that this forum and the people who participate here, are super helpful. Wished I could get this much help with a few planes I fly. On another forum, I rarely ask for help for fear that I will either get really bad advice or just basically ridiculed. That said, I could certainly use the help. I would be willing to bet that there are plenty of people on this forum with many different RC talents that are not MR's.

Bartman

thanks for the quick reply. on just the single rotor heli stuff alone, our membership represents a huge resource. the question though is, do we have a good thing here because the multi-rotors attract the more determined people from the RC pool? it seems like the topic specific sites like FlyingGiants.com and Probro.com are much more mellow places to hang out than the catch-all sites like rcgroups and rcuniverse. it's too bad that flyinggiants and the probro are both pretty well connected to rcgroups. it's like the tower hobbies dictatorship of the 80's and 90's.

i've got a few ideas that i'll have to kick around before i jump on this. what do you guys think of helifreak and/or runryder? iv'e never been through there and don't know much about them.

thanks,
bart

kloner

Aerial DP
sweet, can't wait to see it all unfold. take it theres another post somewhere? been gone a week, trying to catch up

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
thanks for the quick reply. on just the single rotor heli stuff alone, our membership represents a huge resource. the question though is, do we have a good thing here because the multi-rotors attract the more determined people from the RC pool? it seems like the topic specific sites like FlyingGiants.com and Probro.com are much more mellow places to hang out than the catch-all sites like rcgroups and rcuniverse. it's too bad that flyinggiants and the probro are both pretty well connected to rcgroups. it's like the tower hobbies dictatorship of the 80's and 90's.

i've got a few ideas that i'll have to kick around before i jump on this. what do you guys think of helifreak and/or runryder? iv'e never been through there and don't know much about them.

thanks,
bart

I spent a huge amount of time on RunRyder back when I flew single rotor exclusively, haven't been over there in a long time but to me it was the RCG of the heli world with a bit of the old MK.US thrown in. People would get their undies in a knot over something trivial and start a flame war only to wind up with a suspension while those that remained continued on jabbing at each other in a more subdued tone. Unless you were a site supporter (paid advertiser) any mention of products or services would get the thread closed and the poster bounced either for short term or permanently depending on how well known/liked the person was. Other than that it was a good resource for helis in the same way that RCG can be for various branches of RC if you know how to weed out the 98% of stuff that is just plain crap, bad information, or outright wrong.

Helifreak is also a bit of a mini dictatorship but a lot more laid back and also has more good info than bad for the most part, didn't spend nearly as much time there and haven't even read either forum for a long while so things may be different now but not likely.

Ken

Man, I was excited to see an actual lake crash! (mostly due to an upcoming attempt at an amphibious quad...) Contest looks fun though. Let the trolls have RCG, I'll stick with the nice people over here.