Prop size for F450 with T-Motor MT2216 900kv

cpercival

I'm planning on running these motors on my F450 and am wondering what prop size I should be using. Initially, I'll just have my GoPro Hero 2 on it, but eventually, I'll add some FPV gear. I have a few 2200 3S lipos I plan on using. Does the same rule as the stock motors apply? 10" on 3S and 8" on 4S?
Thanks

cpercival

Any problem running 3S on this setup with the same size prop? I only ask because I have a few that I was hoping to use to keep my entry costs down.

kloner

Aerial DP
you'll probably want 10" props and i'm not sure how it'll react, it depends on the weight you carry. usually fpv transmitter and a go pro and your at the 9" 4s mark

cpercival

Until I get the hang of flying a quad and I save up some more cash for an fpv setup, the most it will be carrying is the gopro. Sorry if I didn't clarify that before. So, still go with 10"?

JG-rn

Until I get the hang of flying a quad and I save up some more cash for an fpv setup, the most it will be carrying is the gopro. Sorry if I didn't clarify that before. So, still go with 10"?
I'd still go 9".

Desjardan was running his f450 and disco with 9" graupners and 3s with is 900kvs.

4s would be better but it'll work.

Im flying tmotor 2216 900kvs with 1155 "training" props (I keep the 1145 tmotors for good days), powered by an 11,000 3S (See "laurel" in sig below). No fancy bells and whistles - it's a just a training quad. Flies ok, but it's no acrobat!

photobobga

Using the same motors on my F550 with RCTimer CF 10x3.7 props, 4s battery carries 3200gr aircraft for 7.5 minutes. After upgrading Naza to v.2 the video footage is very acceptable. Motor temperatures run in the 95 degree range after two flights.

cpmboy

Does anyone know which shops sells 8"/9" graupner with already made 8mm hub for dji's motor?.....Im not good at reaming things he he he...

cpercival

Ok, so I think I'm going to go with the 9" for now and see how it goes. Not exactly sure what I'll be looking for when it comes to flying, but I guess I'll figure it out. So, I found these:
http://team-blacksheep.com/products/product:122
How do I deal with the bore diameter? It says they are 5, 6, 8 mm (stepped). What does this mean? It seems the shaft size on the t-motors is 3.175? Is that referring to the shaft inside the motor or the propeller shaft? That seems really small, but what do I know. How do I make these props work with this motor?

cpmboy

Only the 10" incher graupner has the 8mm hub build in. If Im not mistaken, other sizes (8" and 9" graupner) we have to use a reamer to make it from 5 to either 6 or 8 mm.

cpercival

The description makes it sound like it's 5, 6, or 8. So, they mean it comes at 5, but can be reamed to a max of 8? Also, It sounds like I need it to be 3 to fit the 2216's. Do I need some kind of bushing or something?

photobobga

$30.00 for two graupner props is a bit on the high side; but since they are not in production anymore this may be reasonable. The RCTimer CF 9x5 props are $32.93 for four (4) pairs. I've been using their CF 10x3.8 props with terrific results. With over $1,500.00 in camera gear along hanging below the F550 I will flex each prop before a flight listening for a subtle cracking sound, this would indicate a possible hub failure in the carbon fiber. So far, not a hint of failure. BTW, each set of props comes with several hub spacers, balancing these props is a snap as they are almost right-on without adding tape. I was amazed as to how smooth the T-Motors are, before adding the props I spun them up for a comparision to the DJI's, with the RCTimer props and these motors this aircraft is extremely quiet and vibration free.
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=880&productname=