Thoughts on the V8 frame style?

I'm looking for feedback on the V8 frame layout. See the attached picture - it's 8 motors in a V configuration making about a 28 degree angle.

View attachment 12027

Anyone on the forum built one?

Attachments

• falcon.jpg
    falcon.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 274

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
it looks, at first glance, as if there's a limited amount of space to locate stuff.

DennyR

I have not built one but I know a few people who have and they all say it is the best....

Very stable in pitch and better orientation.

Last edited by a moderator:

matwelli

I have built most things :) apart from orientation, its the same as a flat octo but with a way to mount the camera above the props (no landing gear, less to break)

I have built most things :) apart from orientation, its the same as a flat octo but with a way to mount the camera above the props (no landing gear, less to break)

Mat, you have built just about every frame imaginable (and a few that only you have imagined). You've got some serious skills!

How did the two frames you posted compare? What flight controller did you use? Were you happy with how they flew?

What got me interested in this layout was that I noticed the APM had a motor mix for it. Then did some digging and found videos of the Falcon 8 doing some impressive flying in the wind - see the videos.