Product Review author needed****Contest

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hello everyone,

It remains a high priority of the site to make the Product Reviews section a very active feature. I'd like our reviews of multi-rotor related products to be industry leading and the definitive place where people turn to find the most objective and thorough reviews available.

So, to that end, I've got a little contest I've cooked up to find our diamond in the rough, our site member who has yet to discover his or her gift for testing new products and creatively communicating his or her experiences and overall conclusions.

Be forewarned, as a few of us have discovered, product reviews take more time than you'll expect. There will be an expectation that if you accept an assignment you'll get it done in a relatively short amount of time. As we get the Product Reviews area of the site up and running though, we will have an increasingly better assortment of products to test and testers keep what they test. I might throw in a few t-shirts as well here and there but a good tester will be rewarded with the respect of his or her peers and the addition of some cool stuff to his or her collection.

So here's the contest;

Pick a product that you've purchased recently and post a review in this thread. Use written text, photos, video, whatever (don't break laws or hurt yourself please). Keep in mind the audience you're speaking to and include a reference to MultiRotorForums.com in your presentation. Product Review does not equal manufacturer arse kissing so be objective. Be polite and professional where things could have been better but also feel free to include praise where it's deserved. No free rides though, if we become a place where product reviews are seen more as advertising than objective content then we've failed.

In the course of actual reviews manufacturers will have the opportunity to review and comment on our findings prior to them being posted.

The prize for your efforts will be the next review product package that is in the mail and on its way to me as we speak. I promise you won't be disappointed. Everyone is eligible except those of you with vendor or manufacturer affiliations.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A FAST AND DIRTY CONTEST. IF YOU WANT TO BE COUNTED IN THEN GET GOING. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS WILL BE MIDNIGHT, EAST COAST USA TIME, MARCH 22ND.

From this contest we'll pick one or more product review authors. Thanks for reading and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, I am considering it. The interest and the motivation are there, just wondering about the time... I will be in touch Bart...

W. Reimer

Bart, does previous experience writing reviews after receiving product samples (not multirotor related; flashlights & high end production knives) serve as grounds for disqualification?
I enjoy writing & have done a number of reviews that have been published online or in print. I'd be interested in doing something similar here, but don't want to step on any toes..

Also, any geographic considerations? I'm in Canada, so there are things I may be able to get here that aren't available in Europe, and vice-versa.

Bartman

Bart, does previous experience writing reviews after receiving product samples (not multirotor related; flashlights & high end production knives) serve as grounds for disqualification?
I enjoy writing & have done a number of reviews that have been published online or in print. I'd be interested in doing something similar here, but don't want to step on any toes..

Also, any geographic considerations? I'm in Canada, so there are things I may be able to get here that aren't available in Europe, and vice-versa.

W,
I've thought about limiting it to members in the US but I'd rather have a great reviewer so being in Canada is not a big deal. Chances are I will be sending review harware directly after taking delivery here in the US.

Having done reviews for non multi-rotor products shouldn't be a problem.

Bart

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
This seems like it could be a ton of fun, and a great addition to the site!

Can the review be from the standpoint of a builder who is new (but enthusiastic) to the hobby? If so, I'm in.

Bartman

This seems like it could be a ton of fun, and a great addition to the site!

Can the review be from the standpoint of a builder who is new (but enthusiastic) to the hobby? If so, I'm in.

you guys are free to do whatever you'd like. a good review, a lot of style, fun, interesting, great photo/video quality, creative, fair delivery of pros/cons, etc.....not much to ask for, right?

do what you think is best and I'll work the right person to make it a workable arrangement for everyone (me, you, sponsors, vendors, etc.)

good luck!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I've got products on the way for [test] reviews. Hopefully I make the deadline - but I've been able to pull it off in the past (motorcycle articles).

SoCal Blur

I've considered it but about the only thing that I've done recently that would even barely qualify is Gemfan props vs. APC props when it comes to "out of the box" balance. That that could be somewhat misleading as I'm sure different batches of props may exhibit different characteristics.

Bartman

deadline for submissions is tomorrow night. i'll keep an eye out for questions and the winner will have their first product review item on its way next week.

Bart