Problems with my Naza Wobblecopter

hover

I'm new to this community so hello :)

I got my Naza since some month and have tried everything possible in the world but cant get rid of extreme wobbles during flight. First I switched to 10" Graupner e-Prop with my 3S battery and F450 Naza kit. But the wobbles dident get better. I have tried every single gain from 70-220. Currently running 200/200/160/140 90/90.
The strange thing is at home and if there is absolutely zero wind between some trees it flys ok without wobbles but if there is only a very soft 1-2bft wind the wobbles start. I have showed the videos to some friends and they really get sick only by viewing. I'm just using a very hard mounted keycam #16 but also can see the wobbles using fpv camera.

In the last days I tried to switch 2 motors which sounded little strange but this dident help.

The Naza really flies great 13minutes and fpv is great but the videos are unwatchable.

Thaaaank you very much if someone got a hint :)

hjls3

welcome, there is some good info here. i too tried the gains all over the map. in the end, found that the stock gains work best for me. Might give them a go and see what happens. if its wobbling i would say in general that your gains are too high.

Tomstoy2

Two things come to mind,

a. re-visit the mounting of the Naza. It should be firmly mounted, no air bubbles under the tape.
b. try different manufacturer of props. Prop design makes a huge difference. An example of this, with my Hexa, I have found it really flys best with the cheap Gaui props, which really shocked me after trying a set of expensive Graupners.

hover

I have mounted the Naza with the original Dji M3 tape. It looks pretty solid, but I will try to remount it.
Can there also be a problem with an ESC?

Bowley

I have 2 Naza's they both wobble in a bit of wind as does my Gaui GU344. I just think thats what MR's do. I've more or less given up on them for AV until I can afford a heavier rig. and better gimbal stabilization.

Bowley

Must apologise, that was not a very constructive input!!
result of a few weeks of frustration..
what I find does help considerably is to dial down the ATTI gains to around 50% with basic gains around stock values

BerndM

On my DJI F450 NAZA, I have found that with all my 3S batteries, the original stock DJI 8x4.5 props are easily the most stable.
My GoPro HD2 videos are rock solid with the camera body mounted directly to the front tab of the lower plate.
The 10x4.5 DJI props are much wobblier, I'm guessing that the longer props have more flex in them and the quad flies rubbery.

When I was using the stock DJI 10", the machine seems to wobble more in the wind. Once I changed to Graupner in fear of the stock prop flying off, the wobble lessen. My setting is 128,128,110,120...

Silas

hover

When I was using the stock DJI 10", the machine seems to wobble more in the wind. Once I changed to Graupner in fear of the stock prop flying off, the wobble lessen. My setting is 128,128,110,120...

Thank you, but I'm already using 10'' Graupners. Are you using the stock Dji Motors and ESC oder custom ones?

plingboot

i fly my naza and wkm on 4cells - some of my motors have a lower Kv rating than the stock DJI ones, but i always find my quads fly better on 4 cells than they do on 3 - when they are definitely more wobbly.

Worth a try…

hover

Maybe this video helps, the copter stays pretty solid in the air, but the video wobbles extremly. I have tried 2 different cameras with different mounts, so it is no camera probleme:

Last edited by a moderator:

It is the on board video that is wobble and not the QUAD? I noticed in your video, the QUAD losses altitude, is that you doing it or the machine drop on it's own?

hover

any sample of the video?

Here we go, in this video I tried different gains, ob no gain was without wobbles :-(

Can it be a problem with a motor, if if really works great without wind and it looks quiet stable:

Edit: I just check the Graupners balance and this is perfect. No need to rebalance

Last edited by a moderator: