Problem with F450 ascending all of a sudden

andorn

Hi,

Yesterday i flew with my F450 in calm wind conditions without any problems.

Today, with a lot more wind, the following happend: about 30secs normal hovering, then all of a sudden the copter started to ascend. Even going back to zero throttle does not helped.

I had the same Problem several times now. Any suggestions ?

Thank you,
Andorn.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dmbxog

swisser

If you're using WKM it sounds like it's going in to failsafe mode and climbing before flying home. Does the LED flash blue during the ascent?

kloner

Aerial DP
what batteries are you using? do you have any way to check the Internal resistance like with a cell checker or charger?

If your low voltage stuff is turned on, you might try turning it off or at least spend the time to research what that is and how to tune it so it doesn't shut ya down. i killed 2 packs this weekend draining them too far, next flights took it in hard, twice. any pack with a resistance combigned in double digits won't last long around 6 motors. if your drawing more amps than the batter is rated, it'll do it too.

FlyEYE

I have the same problem with my WKM. It is fine in calm weather but today a little windy and it was surging up a lot, had a hard time getting it down. This has been a problem for some time now, it has no ability to altitude hold with any wind.

RCNut

I have the same problem with my WKM. It is fine in calm weather but today a little windy and it was surging up a lot, had a hard time getting it down. This has been a problem for some time now, it has no ability to altitude hold with any wind.

Wouldnt increasing the Altitude gain improve this in wind?

Bowley

Andorn, I could understand fluctuating altitude in wind, after all it is only controlled by a barometric sensor, in the Naza, so pressure will vary in windy or turbulent conditions. It would surely only do this in the alt hold band ie midstick. and would not do it at all in manual mode. although you will get more lift in wind which, if not counteracted, would go unchecked. This does not explain the case where it still climbs with zero throttle. that must be a Tx or failsafe issue or a faulty Naza.
Have you tested your Tx/Rx with a servo to make sure all is OK there. Take the Naza out of the equation and prove your radio gear is good. If you can eliminate them you know your looking at a FC Issue, either settings, or a fault.

FlyEYE

Wouldnt increasing the Altitude gain improve this in wind?
I was going to try changing it values over 200 today. I can't say I've seen any improvement from 80 to >150 . What vertical gain values are you guys using?

FlyEYE

Vertical gain is now maxed at 250, appears to be working however there was only a steady low wind today and I only had time to fly for 5 minutes, I'm optimistic.

FlyEYE

I just flew it in gusty wind (still at 250 vertical gain) and had it position hold for about 10 minutes, working well, did move up and down perhaps 2-3 meters (I'd say normal considering the wind gusts) but no sudden surges like before.