Probably Shouldn't have bought this...

coreyperez

I've done a backwards rotation on a motor (hex) and a wrong prop on a quad, both would lift (hex flew) and both had a solid/uncontrollable yaw.

This was after checking numerous times (on both) ensuring that everything was "right". It wasn't. I actually think it Was Scott (Motopreserve) that had me re-check the motors/props again and I finally figured it out. Kind of embarrassing but it was my fault 100%.

Corey

i checked the rotation of the props and i had the props on backwards. but this is how they were last time and they were producing downforce rather than lift. should 2 of the motors be blowing air upwards instead of down while the drone is on the ground? maybe once i try to fly it, it will lessen the effect? i'm really confused.
attachment.php
i'm using the layout on the right.

Attachments

• Flame_wheel550-Mount_Naza_on_Flame_Wheel4.png
    Flame_wheel550-Mount_Naza_on_Flame_Wheel4.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 274

coreyperez

Think of it like northern hemisphere vs southern hemisphere, the toilet water all goes down, they just spin in different directions.

Corey

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
i checked the rotation of the props and i had the props on backwards. but this is how they were last time and they were producing downforce rather than lift. should 2 of the motors be blowing air upwards instead of down while the drone is on the ground? maybe once i try to fly it, it will lessen the effect? i'm really confused.
attachment.php
i'm using the layout on the right.

Make sure two of your props are meant to spin in the opposite direction. Lay them all out beside each other... two should be angled differently than the other two.

when i angle the two props differently, the motors still spin the same direction and create downforce? how do i change the rotation of the motors themselves?

kloner

Aerial DP
swap any 2 of the 3 motor leads..... the wires that plug into the esc, the bigger usually black wires.

in the manual it says switch any of two wire connections to switch the direction of the motor, what two wire connections lol? switch the ground and power on the plug that is connected to the naza?

kloner

Aerial DP
post a picture

the bigger power wires between esc and motor..... there is usually a bullet connector on that wire near the esc's.

ok i got it, switched 2 wires on one of the motors and it's spinning the other way now. thanks guys! hopefully i'll get it flying tomorrow. it's dark now so can't go test it out and not comfortable indoors yet lol

it's not rotating! thank you so much everyone! i'm so excited to finally get this flying! i'll post footage this weekend. i'm gonna work up a custom little mount for my action cam for now since i don't have a gimbal.

now gain settings are the next question. everything is set at 100 right now and only full throttle gets it off the ground. DJI recommends 130 all around except for yaw and throttle, yaw at 100 and throttle at 105-110 for an F450 frame. is that normal? why does it take so much to get it off the ground?

Last edited by a moderator:

i've never flown a quad before so is there some way to do it that i'm not sure of? i was raising the throttle slowly and i've been seeing a lot of people on forums to quickly raise the throttle to about 50-60% then bring it back down to about 45-50% to let it hover. also, having the drone higher off the ground with landing gear, does that help with prop wash?i found some 3D models i'm gonna 3D print to make some cheap landing gear.

coreyperez

It should hover about 50% throttle, if it takes more than that the craft is under powered or too heavy.

That battery seems a little small for me, I don't have a Naza manual in front of me, but it seems like they require a larger battery than that. I started with a 5000mAh 3S battery with mine.

I'm glad the recommendation on the props/motor was correct. I've done that as well like I said. Twice now.

Corey

coreyperez

attachment.php

Looks like you have the "right size" battery, Provided you have weight correct. (Props/motors, etc)

When it won't lift (you said it had previously) what percentage charge is it?

Looks like you have the "right size" battery, Provided you have weight correct. (Props/motors, etc)

When it won't lift (you said it had previously) what percentage charge is it? The Other thing is the ESC calibrated, your settings in the transmitter, etc. This can all affect your available power.

Corey

Attachments

• Naza Battery.JPG
    Naza Battery.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 226
Last edited by a moderator:

i guess i'll just play with all the settings and try a quick launch outside. also what do you have the low voltage protection at? i have no idea how to set that up.

coreyperez

I have my low voltage off oh my discovery pro, the tarot I haven't flown enough to get in and mess with it yet.

I run with Lipo plug alarms.

Corey