Probably Shouldn't have bought this...

And when does that start to kick in? The lowest i can go for the second stage protection (it starts to descend) is 10.5 V no load and 9.5 loaded, but idk what the loss actually means so the loaded could be lower i guess. same goes for the first stage, have it at 11.5 unloaded 10.5 loaded.

coreyperez

Sorry, I don't be able to answer that on mine, but my rule of thumb is I set my alarms to activate at 3.7 per cell. So that would make a difference with both 3 and 4 cell as far as total voltage. I've noticed a significant difference between motors as well. My DJI stuff flew perfectly with the stock DJI motors (old version, not the new "matched" stuff. I "upgraded" my Discovery pro to TBS recommended motors and ESC, the available power took a huge dump. I then had to go buy new 4s 5000mAh batteries because my 3S batteries GOT 2:23 vs the 8+ min. I couldn't figure out what the problem was initially. The new TBS stuff sucks, no more available power and hundreds of dollars for new motors, ESC and batteries.
But hey, everything is black now!

Corey

I think it's all in the tx. Tried again, full throttle full blast instant and still nothing. Gonna recalibrate the ESCs, the tx, and mess with the settings some more in the software

no one told me the props are supposed to be facing font up. lol i flipped it, it flies, now need to reset all the settings that i've messed up in the TX

the weird thing is, they were blowing down, but they were turned around, so the sharp part of the blade was trying to create lift which is impossible because the low pressure zone is underneath the wing instead of ontop, but because it's spinning so fast, the mere shape of it caused enough lift to make the drone wiggle and seem like it was supposed to take off but really it never would have. it takes off at about 45% now lol, no prop wash nothing. gonna practice tmr morning a little and then after class. i'll post a video eventually. thanks again for all the help guys.