Plea for gimbal tuning wisdom....

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
no, thats the calibrations, gotta do both calibrations on each profile without any movement... pin the thing down so when it powers up it can't shift between all the calibrations.... and make it super level

Gotcha. I don't even have any other profiles saved. Just using profile 1 right now.

Ill redo calibrations ions with it even more steady though.

Thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
in rc control window that sub trim on yaw will still make it move, stop the drift, uses + and - numbers,,,, you should be able to make it drift, move stop, move opposite way, etc.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
in rc control window that sub trim on yaw will still make it move, stop the drift, uses + and - numbers,,,, you should be able to make it drift, move stop, move opposite way, etc.

I tried that but it seemed to make no difference - no matter if it was -127 or +127.

Seems to be the way my luck is going with these things :)

I think im going to try the 6-point cal again too. I have a digital level - so should make for a perfectly level square to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
maybe it needs a rc input to matter. getting the drift out is a big part of tuning them, when they creep like that they shake

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I ended up removing the IMU and doing a full 6-point cal. Seemed to kill the drift completely. Now all I have is the oscillation on extended pitch axis. Working on that - but man! 8 hours in the trenches today. And that's following a good 25+ I've spent on the 2-axis. I haven't even begun the follow-mode nonsense....Good grief! :)

thanks for all the help folks.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Quick update. I have the gimbal pretty darn close (you'd hope after this much futzing around!). Oddly, after changing batteries I got some yaw drift....but in the other direction! Holy sh*t I can't believe they charge for this stuff. :)

anyway. I'm getting weird drifts in pitch now - and I'm convinced that pritch and yaw issues are related. I got bounce to go away when I removed Yaw power completely. And with the yaw motor on I get bad pitch bounce. Last I checked I had them both solved...I think. But who knows with this mess.

Next up: Kloner's suggestion of hooking the RX to the thing and seeing if I can't offset a bit if/when it begins the slow creep. Phobotic can't get here soon enough! Can't imagine it's perfect, but if tuning it takes UNDER 50 hours, I'm game to try it for sure.