Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Fredasss

Hi George I'm still waiting for your notification, I was asking for à new picloc pro V2, and after an exchange for upgrade Of my actual picloc pro V1, thanks.

Thomb

Is there someone with version 58.14 that can change the ATV High and Low values? (tilt, roll) mine are on default but cannot change them anymore when picloc is connected. In previous versions i was able to change this.

Thomb

got mine working now with the dx6i with 58.14 version. Only thing is i still cannot adjust the acceleration of the servos so movement is too slow to use. Waiting for an solution now.

Thomb

Thomb,

what did you have to do to get it working with the satellite and DX6i?

Jesper

First of all use version 58.14.
Then check if you have the old dx6i(DSM2) or the newer one with DSM2 and DSMX.

If you have the old one there is nothing to change, if you have the new model select the DSM2 mode only.

Than bind the satalite with your main receiver and plug it in the picloc.
In picloctoolz select model transmitter DX7 (dx6 did not work here).

Now i have the following channels i can work with: Throttle(on channel 7) aileron, elevator, rudder and aux 1 and 2.

The throttle on (channel 1) is still unusable because it only changes the spectrum ID, but it also moves channel 7 so i can live with that.

I use the throttle (channel 7) for my tilt to look forward/down or somewhere in between.
i use the aileron channel for my pan if needed. and i use the aux1 for manual pan or stabilized pan.

hope you can work with this info

Thom

PS.

If you want to change the ATV HIGH and LOW of the servos, uncheck the SLEW options!
And to set any acceleration for servos go the the MAX-D tab under SERVO and select a move speed else you wont be able to move the slider.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skysurf

I finally got it working - well almost.

Thomb, I followed your instructions and most of it works. I am still having issues with channels 1,4 and 5.

I can now control it in pan roll and tilt. E-stop works but I need one more working channel for the pan stabilization on/off.

I wonder why we don't get the same results?

/Jesper

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

Shipped a batch today, and will ship another two big batches Friday and Saturday.
Apologize for the wait.
We're churning them out as fast as we can, however the calibration process is very ...very ...very time consuming.

The internal foam insulation tape was not holding to expectation. So we had to do a mod on all piclocs constructed.
The first 15 sent out last week prior to new year's eve will be replaced with the one's we're building now.

gm>>

GeorgeM

Jesper, the way most people work if they have only the 5 channels afforded by the i1-i5 inputs, is to have 1-2-3 as Tilt roll pan, AUX 1 as E-Stop/home and Aux2 as Manual/AutoStabilization switching.
If you have Spektrum, or are using a PPM-SUM output receiver, you can make use of the extra channels.

I am finalizing the tutorial videos and will be uploading them in 2 days's time.
Concentrating on construction and shipping out piclocs for this week.

gm>>

GeorgeM

|One last remark...

I really want to apologize for the bad timing in reply to emails.
I have about 60 emails requesting swap ID's alone....
I will reply to these...don;t worry.. sometime soon. I have another batch of swaps being made right now.

I wish to take the opportunity to...
..wish all members of this GREAT GREAT MRF forum, all the very best for 2013... full of good health, love and joy.

gm>>

Verid

I'm so happy George that You're sending me Picloc now (I hope that after waiting for so long I'll finally get it.)
Marcin Pionke

Skysurf

Jesper, the way most people work if they have only the 5 channels afforded by the i1-i5 inputs, is to have 1-2-3 as Tilt roll pan, AUX 1 as E-Stop/home and Aux2 as Manual/AutoStabilization switching.
If you have Spektrum, or are using a PPM-SUM output receiver, you can make use of the extra channels.

I am finalizing the tutorial videos and will be uploading them in 2 days's time.
Concentrating on construction and shipping out piclocs for this week.

gm>>

George,

I have been trying to get rid of the regular receiver and replace it with a Spektrum satellite to clean things up. Using the i1-i5 inputs everything works fine including the aux channels for the e-stop and pan. However, with the D6Xi and satellite I have had very big problem.

After following Thombs advice I finally got it to work partially using the DX7 setting in the Toolz. The problem remaining is that I only have 4 fully functioning channels 2,3,6 and 7. I need one more to be able to control pan stabilization.

/Jesper

PeterN

|One last remark...

I really want to apologize for the bad timing in reply to emails.
I have about 60 emails requesting swap ID's alone....
I will reply to these...don;t worry.. sometime soon. I have another batch of swaps being made right now.

I wish to take the opportunity to...
..wish all members of this GREAT GREAT MRF forum, all the very best for 2013... full of good health, love and joy.

gm>>

Hi George,

I do understand that you are really busy, but I think you should really do something with your customer care and email communication. I have the picloc #1, registered for swap, got email with swap id #5 from you and that was the last email I received. Tried to contact you (3x), no response. I am really disappointed to read that you are already sending second batch and I am not in (don't really know where to send you the money and the old picloc for swap). Sorry if this sounds rude, but waiting for too long time (as others)...

Peter

GeorgeM

PeterN, I totally agree with you about my bad comms lately.

I've finally gave in, (and decided to give up my 1 year old smart phone) and purchased a good phone/tablet with an internet connection to be able to reply to emails on the go, and have my database with me.
This should see things improve greatly in the comms department ;)

gm>>

PeterN

PeterN, I totally agree with you about my bad comms lately.

I've finally gave in, (and decided to give up my 1 year old smart phone) and purchased a good phone/tablet with an internet connection to be able to reply to emails on the go, and have my database with me.
This should see things improve greatly in the comms department ;)

gm>>

That's nice. I have forwarded the mail I sent you again, so I would kindly ask you to reply to my questions, so I can proceed with the swap.

Regards
Peter

zorba

So, does this means that we can't use the first batch?
We have to wait again for replacement?
Will this be done soon?
Waiting still

Bill